Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what do you do while DH watches football?? >

what do you do while DH watches football??

what do you do while DH watches football??

Old 08-12-2011, 07:07 AM

If I am not quilting, I am sitting right next to him with my laptop so I can watch with him while reading my favorite quilt board threads here!!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:07 AM

WOW! Can't believe how many women watch football and other sports. We are totally NY. Jets train 9 miles away when not on strike, have season SU tickets, go NY Yankees, though can only afford to watch on tv. Always have knitting or hand sewing handy.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:49 AM

Watching the Red Sox and the Patriots are the best times to do my hand quilting.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:58 AM

Actually we watch together. I love football! Go River Plate and Argentina Team!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:39 AM

No DH - dislike football intensely. In Packer season I go to the grocery or other stores while the game is on. No traffic and no people so can get in and out quickly.

Do lieke baseball though - go Cubs (that was a joke - maybe next year)
Old 08-12-2011, 08:40 AM

DH doesn't watch football I do.

Go Pack Go
Old 08-12-2011, 08:46 AM

Mine doesn't watch it but and I wish he did I know exactly where I would be, SEWING!!!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:02 AM

I usually knit or do some hand piecing. We are definitely in it together! I love the Seahawks (great win last night!) and UW Huskies. However, if they aren't on, I'll watch whatever game is on. I know during football season, my Sundays, Monday nights, and sometimes Thursday nights are pro-football with DH. I do miss the first game on Sundays because of church, but have been known to go to an earlier service if the Seahawks are on and I'm not scheduled to help with communion.

I watch a lot of college ball on Saturdays, but DH isn't into football at that level so much. We do watch a lot of the bowl games together, though, especially Oklahoma (his home state). Other teams I watch are Texas A & M (my home state). I've also been known to watch Washington State and Texas U - or whatever else is on if they aren't playing.

I'm really looking forward to having our basement remodel finished soon because the lighting will be such that I can do handwork while watching evening and night games. Right now we watch in the den, but DH doesn't like the lights on. When it gets dark, I can't see to work. In the new Wreckroom, I'll have a the lights on dimmer and will have an Ott-Lite lamp to use so I will get more done.

I will also be able to record some games because we're going to subscribe to TiVo.

Love my football!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:19 AM

Hello there. I am also a Texas that married a man from Oklahoma. Lived in Texas all my life until January of 2011. We then mover to Bethany to be near our daughters. I have informed the family that this doesn't mean I will be and Ok fan when they are playing Texas. I think once a Texan always a Texan.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dido
Hello there. I am also a Texas that married a man from Oklahoma. Lived in Texas all my life until January of 2011. We then mover to Bethany to be near our daughters. I have informed the family that this doesn't mean I will be and Ok fan when they are playing Texas. I think once a Texan always a Texan.
OH OH a house divided.lol Sooners-------Longhorns ?????