Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Would love to take a cruise...which cruise lines do you like, which ones should I avoid? >

Would love to take a cruise...which cruise lines do you like, which ones should I avoid?

Would love to take a cruise...which cruise lines do you like, which ones should I avoid?

Old 08-13-2011, 01:50 PM

What cruise line is like motel 6? I wanna avoid that one for sure
Old 08-13-2011, 02:09 PM

We've taken 3 cruises all on Norwegian. We chose it for the free style cruising which means you get to pick the time and place you eat. The staff was wonderful and the food great. We went to Hawaii, Alaska and the Carribean. There were kids on each but thanks to the great kids and teen clubs we hardly ever say them. Boarding and exiting were very organized. We'll be going again I'm sure.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:18 PM

We like regent Seven Seas. Expensive but worth it. We have traveled with them 3 times.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by quilt1950
We recently went on an Alaskan cruise with Holland American. It was very nice. Definitely adult oriented.
I did an Alaskan cruise with Holland America and loved it! Great service and employees.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:33 PM

My family uses Holland America. They are one of the best and priced right. Have fun.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:11 PM

I have been on Norwegian once, Never again. Went on Disney when my DGD was age appropriate, and if you have kids, terrific. Since then, only Royal Caribbean, they are the best for casual cruising. Been 4 times, all the caribbean. We did the Southern C leaving from Puerto Rico - nice, Eastern C twice and once we left from NY and sailed all the way there and back = relaxing.........
Old 08-13-2011, 04:20 PM

We used Holland American once and did not like it. My husband slipped in the wet area around the pool which, by the way, was the only way to take your food to an outdoor table. Not one HA person came to help him. Another passenger and I helped him up and I took him to the ship's doctor who said nothing is wrong - if you had a broken rib you would not be walking. Well, when we got home and he went to the doctor, he had 4 broken ribs. We will never sail with them again. We love Royal Caribbean. Have gone to Alaska twice and a long Eurpean cruise with them and enjoyed every minute.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:49 PM
B J

I have cruised with Carnival, Holland America and Princess. They are all very different from each other. Holland America if for the older folks. Things close after 9:00 PM. The Ledo Deck is very quiet after 9:00PM. Princess is good in it's own way. Quiet after 10:00PM. Carnival is the FUN SHIP. We are seniors and our favorit cruise line is Carnival. Holland America has a very nice 14 day Alaska cruise that does not do the interior of Alaska. Holland America also has great cruises that do the interior.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:57 PM

Have been on two,both on princess...... Not full of kids.. Both to the carribi
Old 08-13-2011, 05:17 PM

I am going to keep watching this thread I started. I am so happy so many of you hve cruised and are willing to share your experiences.

I hope no one thinks we don't like kids. We like kids, we have two of them LOL. We just would prefer a more adult environment...not McDonalds..more like Ruth Chris Steakhouse.

I would love to take a quilting cruise, but for our first I won't subject my husband to that. He is nearing retirement, but not nearly as soon as he would like, so this cruise is for him to relax, eat well, and enjoy some sightseeing. He works very hard so he deserves some fun.

Has anyone cruised with Oceania? Several family members have taken the Holland America Alaska cruise, and enjoyed it very much.