Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-13-2011, 12:36 PM

migraine still here, not as bad though. decided to cut the pieces out for a bom i started last year. All but 2 months are cut in to the pieces needed. now to feel better enough to listen to the sewing machine.

not raining right now but the humidity is horrible. only 86 right now but feels much worse with the humidity.

Keep going ladies, we are in control and we are losing
Old 08-13-2011, 12:36 PM

sorry double post................didnt realize i hit the post button twice.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:56 PM

Createfourpaws, I hope your migraine goes away soon. Believe me, I have been there hundreds of times. Do you have any good drugs to take for it? I'm trying excedrin with a Dr Pepper and a heating pad on my neck for mine today before I go to the hard stuff. You might need some sinus medication to go along with it with a low pressure front overhead. But, at least Texas is finally getting some rain! I hope my house in Round Rock is getting some too. Get better soon!
Old 08-13-2011, 01:06 PM

don't feel bad..i over ate today too.at a pool party. tomorrow is another day!
Old 08-13-2011, 01:27 PM

I weighed in this morning and was so surprised that I lost 4 lbs. I've done real good so far this month. Hope everyone is is having a good weekend. Sending positive thoughts out to everyone.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:01 PM
elm

I'm getting the e-mails again. Glad for those who are losing. Hang in there if you're not. If you are exercising remember that sometimes you make muscle which weighs something.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:01 PM

I just had a wonderful, pretty healthy dinner at Hu Hot. Loaded up my bowl with vegies and maybe 4 oz of chicken. The sauce is probably the worst thing but boy is it yummy. I don't have a clue as to how to count the calories. Next time I will ask for the dressing on the side of my salad.....they really drenched it.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:03 PM

Hi everyone. Just checking in to see how you all are doing. Friday is my weigh in day for MFP and I lost 2 more pounds. That's a total of 9 for the month so far. I know it will slow down any day now but it sure feels good to see it come off this fast! We spent most of the afternoon walking around Walmart so I got plenty of exercise today, too.

Just saw the new photo of Olivia. She is so beautiful! It is wonderful to hold them and play with them and then watch them go home....I love grandchildren. Unfortunately, my grandchildren just graduated from high school so it'll be a while until we see a new baby around here again.

For all of you having health problems, please take care of yourselves and get plenty of rest. I'll send positive thoughts your way to help speed your healing. :- )

Xylie, hang in there, that plateau will crumble soon.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend. I'll check in again soon.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
O.K. this is where I need help. I weighed in yeasterday and had gained 1 lb. Today I weighed again , I know I shouldn't have but I did. I gained 2 more pounds. This can't keep up. I'm sure it's from the cravings I get from my diabetis/hypoglycemia. I have no clue what going on with that - test results aren't back yet. But I've been doing alot of reading and nothing sounds good. Unfortunatly I seem to be doing alot of eating to.

nancia, sorry to hear about your back. I'll be praying that it will get better before you go. Just think six more days! God Bless and have a wonderful day everyone.
Jeanne~ are you weighing in at the same time everyday? You can fluctuate upto 5+ pounds in a day! If you've eaten right before you weigh you'll be heavier as well. My friend didn't believe this but decided to do a test, she weighed herself right before she sat down to eat, then again immediately upon swallowing her last bite, she says about 20-30 min later and had clocked a 2 pound GAIN! so there are many factors to consider when weighing yourself. It's important to look at the weight you're showing on the scale but more important to look at your trend, is it trending down or is it staying the same, or is it going up. I say look at your overall for the lat 3-4 weeks before becoming concerned unless you have a 4+ pound gain in a week that doesn't go back down the next weigh in! :-D
Old 08-13-2011, 11:04 PM

4paws-- sorry about the migraine! hate them myself. but congratulations on the rain! know from kids and friends how much yoyu need it! just spoke to my friend in oak lawn aand he has not seen any rain. when they say scattered they mean it! does the chAnge in barometric pressure have anything to do with your headache? i'm still not sure all the things that trigger mine.
jholm-- watch that sugar! up or down too much is not good! such a pain to have to deal with-just before i started losing weight my dr said i was headed to diabetes. my dh was diabetic but lost 90lbs (and 5 internal parts) and the diabetes went away. so i knew losing weight would help me too. (i've already given up a bunch of internal pieces so i will keep what i have left, thank you.) by the time i'm done i too will have lost a good amount of weight- my weight was 225 when i started losing and 212 when i started on this thread.my goal is 140 so do the math. (seriously, i can multiply- 3 kids, divide-parts removed, and add- four pets, but just don't subtract!LOL.) it's a good amount and all needs to go. i'm resigned to the fact i will look older and more wrinkled. heaven knows i have not pampered my skin for the past 60 yrs, so i get what i deserve. also, trying to get fit has been a major problem with limited co-operation from my body. i've never been a jock so don't have that muscle tone to fall back on. on the immediate scene, my back is semi-fine and my headache is just normal now and i'm pretty much trying to get into the groove! i have a baby to hold!! and adore! and play with ! places to go, people to see and i want to at least feel skinny, even if i'm not!