Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August 2011 Doll Quilt Swap >

August 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

August 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 08-13-2011, 03:23 PM

My little darling will be skipping her way to Jennifer on Monday or Tuesday,,,, it was such a fun one. Hope she likes it as much as I do. Jacie
Old 08-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like Lynnie25 and my quilts will pass like ships in the night across the Pacific over the next few days. Yeah.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:56 PM

Oh my what lovelies have been show so far! You ladies have done a great job again this month.
Don't worry Krystyna - I won't beg you for that fabric - but only because I already have some. tee hee.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:59 PM

Wow so many wonderful little quilts, better get back to work.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Linny
Originally Posted by 1234Irene
Linny........got yor quilt fineshed tonight......our post office is closed on the weekends, so one lucky guess what is coming in the mail for you! Lol, hope you like it.
Looks like we timed finishing our quilts about the same. Yours will go out in mondays post. I can't wait to get mine. Hope you like yours also.
I am VERY sure I will. I can't wait. My daughter says her and her new hubby will have their own place the first of Sept.....so I will have a sewing room to decorate. Your DQ will be the first decoration on the wall!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 07:37 PM

Jacie,
I'm sure I will love it. Yours is awaiting the binding and then it will be on it's way next week as well. The fabric that I used in yours is one of my favorite lines.

Originally Posted by jacie
My little darling will be skipping her way to Jennifer on Monday or Tuesday,,,, it was such a fun one. Hope she likes it as much as I do. Jacie
Old 08-13-2011, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Chele

All levels of quilters are welcome to play with us. We're just here to have fun. It's a great chance to practice a new technique, use up your scraps and/or stash, buy some new fabric, and make new quilty friends. Here are the details:

Doll Quilt Swap #26 -- August 2011
No Theme, Sender's Choice

DOLL QUILT SWAP GUIDELINES

SIZE: from 12”x12” to 24”x24”…any size or shape in between. If your finished quilt measures 24" x 26", or 11" x 13" it's fine. No worries or excessive rules for this swap.

MATERIALS: natural fibers/cotton, wool, linen.

EMBELLISHMENTS: if you want to use them, feel free…beads, rickrack, buttons, doilies, ribbon, lace…anything or nothing at all.

CONSTRUCTION: Pieced, appliquéd, wholecloth; quilted by hand or machine; and bound.

LABEL: It is recommended that you attach a label to the back of your quilt. A label is a nice addition to any handmade quilt. You can even sign the back of your quilt with your name and date. Whether or not you decide to label your quilt, please do include a note with your quilt with your Quilting Board name so that your partner can thank you.

MANNERS: Please remember to thank your partner. Just a simple post is great. It also lets me know you've received a quilt so I can mark my records and make sure everyone receives a quilt. If you are unable to post a picture, please ask your partner to do so. Much of the fun is seeing everyone's creations.

PARTNERS: You will be paired with a partner for this swap. You will make a quilt for your partner and your partner will make a quilt for you.

DUE DATE: The deadline for all quilts to be sent is August 31, 2011. If this deadline seems tight for you, or you have a busy month, consider making a quilt for the next swap and having it ready to go. You'll get two months to create and less pressure.

COMMUNICATION: If for any reason you cannot meet the deadline or you need to drop out of this swap, please let me know as soon as you know. If you communicate any setbacks with me I can make sure things work out favorably for you and your partner, no hard feelings.

SIGN UP: Sign up begins today and ends July 31, 2011. I’ll assign partners after that date. The group activity thread can be found here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...sp?gracnum=185

If you would like to sign up, you can respond to this thread or PM me. Please let me know if you are willing to send internationally as we have a few swappers outside of the US.

Here are some links for ideas:

Our July Swap: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-132569-1.htm
Our June Swap: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-124322-1.htm
Our May Swap: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-118025-1.htm

Looking forward to another fun swap! Join us and prepare to have fun!
Really cute, love the frog.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:25 AM

When I woke up today, from pain meds...they totally knocked me out!
Went into the kitchen and on the table was a package and this is what I found in it.

I truely love it and it's so perfect a lot of work went into this little quilt...

Thank you Moosegirl what awesome quilt...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-241524.jpe
Views:	64
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	241530  
Old 08-14-2011, 12:26 AM

Ya'll have been busy with the dolly quilts they all look awesome!
Old 08-14-2011, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Thank you Moosegirl what awesome quilt...
Nice work Moosegirl. The embellishments work well on your design.