Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Those Harbor Freight Blades Again >

Those Harbor Freight Blades Again

Those Harbor Freight Blades Again

Old 08-14-2011, 06:32 AM

Hello Everyone: :) After reading about the Harbor Freight Rotary Blades I popped into the web side supplied by one of the ladies and ordered on line. They ship within 2-7 days. Anxiously awaiting my order. Happy Quilting Everyone.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:34 AM

Hello: I went to the Harbor Freight web page supplied by one our ladies and ordered my Blades. They deliver within 2-7 days. They are Called Carpet Blades. Happy Quilting Everyone
Old 08-14-2011, 06:49 AM

they are listed as carpet cutters
Old 08-14-2011, 06:53 AM

There must be something wrong with my Olfa 45mm Rotary cutter, as I tried those cheap blades for cutting carpets and they were awful. They cut worse than my dullest blade, so what is my problem???!!
IdahoSandy
Old 08-14-2011, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost
I ordered online. Bought many packs to make the shipping cost worthwhile. Have enough blades to last me MANY years! I use them in my 45mm Olfa rotary cutter.
That's what I did, bought 10 packs (20 blades) and it made the shipping worth while. We have a store 35? miles away and by time I get there the supply has been bought up so it is just less hassle to buy online and know I will have them in a couple of days. :D

Marysewfun
Old 08-14-2011, 07:37 AM

I think that sometimes you might get an "ornary" blade and when I open my blades from Harbor Freight, I run them around my little blue rotary sharpener. It takes off any little "burr" that might still be there. No problems after that. I have several different brands of rotary cutters and haven't found one that these blades don't fit.
Smiles,
Old 08-14-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Homemother
Originally Posted by cny_sewer39
I have a Harbor Freight Tool Store near me. Everytime I go in there, they are always sold out. The shelf is ALWAYS EMPTY. Oh well, maybe next time......

debra
LOL!!! Must have a lot of quilters in your area!!! You can try asking them to set a couple packs aside for you.

We have a new Harbor Freight in our area and I was able to show my husband where it was! LOL! The look on his face was priceless.
Wh

Once when I went into the store and asked for them, the guy just "obvioiusly" rolled his eyes (like - another one!!) and told me they were sold out! I just order online. :-)

Marysewfun

:lol:
Old 08-14-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Homemother
Originally Posted by cny_sewer39
I have a Harbor Freight Tool Store near me. Everytime I go in there, they are always sold out. The shelf is ALWAYS EMPTY. Oh well, maybe next time......

debra
LOL!!! Must have a lot of quilters in your area!!! You can try asking them to set a couple packs aside for you.

We have a new Harbor Freight in our area and I was able to show my husband where it was! LOL! The look on his face was priceless.

Once when I went into the store and asked for them, the guy just "obvioiusly" rolled his eyes (like - another one!!) and told me they were sold out! I just order online. :-)

Marysewfun

:lol:
Old 08-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Power Poster

My blade has lasted a long time.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:58 AM

I have several different sizes of rotary cutters. I will need to get some ordered as well, and try them! I read a post a couple up, about blade sharpeners.......never heard of these. Are they worth while?