Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-15-2011, 11:24 PM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Originally Posted by saraaev
I'm moving over to the bench tomorrow. I've been making lavender wands and will bring them along to keep my hands busy, Haven't seen a clue yet that applies to me. I'm really in anticipation of my package ! My SP got hers from me. I will continue trying to be patient amd will be in and out as the temp lets me. It's supposed to be 103 for the next few days...ugh ! Sara
Oh, my, 103º!! Come sit on the shady end of this bench with me and have a lemondade. I'm just sittin' here waiting to see if my SP likes her package. It arrived yesterday, but not a word yet. This is more nerve-wracking than waiting for my own package! :mrgreen:

P.S.: what's a lavender wand??
Old 08-16-2011, 12:01 AM

Yeah whats a lavender wand?
Old 08-16-2011, 01:17 AM

Wish I knew how to post a picture. Take 11-13 lavender stems ( long) with tiny flowers at the top. You pull off all the leaves and then tie at the base of the flowers with 1/4" satin ribbon, turn them upside down and gently holding flowers in your hand, gently fold the long stems over the flowers in a "cage" configuration and start weaving the ribbon in and out over the stems. It naturally spirals . When you reach the end of the flowered section then just wrap the ribbon spiraling down on the outside of the stalks for a few inches and tie a bow. I then hang mine to dry(flower part down) for a couple of weeks and then go back and tighten the ribbon. As lavender dries the flowers become very tiny and you don't want them to fall out of the "cage". The aroma will last a couple of years. My SP next month will get one. Check then out at www.labyrinthHill.com.(Not affilated to me in any way) Sara
Old 08-16-2011, 02:51 AM

I recieved my package from my SP-Little One. She did a fantastic job. The picture does not do justice. There is a cute butterfly bookmark, 5 gorgeous batik fat quarters, Austrailian Patchwork and Quilting Magazine (extremely interesting), badly needed Golf Balls, an Angel craft kit, beautiful embroidery thread, a nifty tissue pack (that went immediately into my purse), a cute note pad, a glue stick, amazing vintage buttons, the most adorable salt and pepper shakers, and the best candy in the world - peanut butter M&Ms. Oh...and a wonderful card. Thank you so very much!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-242604.jpe
Views:	55
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	242610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-242605.jpe
Views:	57
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	242611  
Old 08-16-2011, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by littleone
Oh shoot, realized during a sleepless night last night that I forgot to put my boardname on my note to my SP. A check with Lori will help you out there. SP you should be off the bench very soon. We both like purple and you are approx 1700 miles SW of me. Now no more hints.
This might be me! Oh shucks it wasn't me. I'm still on the bench. That lemonade sounds good but I can't have the sugar. I'll bring my own Propell Zero water.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:55 AM

So, glad that you liked the package....
Originally Posted by fromzstore
got my package from my sp today alot of goodies in there i had to take a picture real quick before the jelly beans called my name my favorite the bag will probably be gone by tonight thank your for the journal it is nice to meet fellow christians on this board here is a picture of my things

thanks DiAnn for being my sp.

Linda
Old 08-16-2011, 03:56 AM

Everyone is getting such nice packages!! I'm waiting so patiently! I'm not ready to sit on the bench yet, but I'm standing next to it!! :(
Old 08-16-2011, 04:23 AM

I'm still waiting patiently to see if someone mails out to the state that starts with a V......anybody??? :-(
Old 08-16-2011, 04:41 AM

Hi everyone, I am Tussymussy's husband and have been delegated to write a big thank you to her swap pal, whose parcel arrived today.

When I get home this evening, I have been instructed to take a photo of it and send a personal thank you to Karen of Minnesota, a newbie on here. karen, you did not send Sue your board name.

Mike
Old 08-16-2011, 04:41 AM

My secret pal lives approx 792 miles southwest of me in the Prairie State and s/he should receive their package tomorrow. I just checked the extended forecast for your area and there is a 40% chance of rain tomorrow, so wanted to give you a heads up to get your umbrella out.

It's raining here, too, but no complaints from me...great weather for ordering new fabric online!!!! There are 2 beautiful Asian themed quilts in the Fall issue of Love of Quilting magazine. I especially love Girl's Day so ordered the two focal fabrics in that quilt. And Pick Up Sticks looks like an easy charm friendly quilt!

Nothing like a little retail therapy to bring you out of a post vacation slump! That along with the anticipation of my SP receiving their squishy tomorrow and me receiving mine soon...Life is Good!!!