Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone ever wanted to give up quilting? >

Has anyone ever wanted to give up quilting?

Has anyone ever wanted to give up quilting?

Old 08-17-2011, 03:52 AM

Not really, I do enjoy it..

but then there are the days when those little points don't want to match....

and that's another story !!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:56 AM

Every time I see fabric prices in a LQS!!! So far I'm using stash.....& that tells me there's way too much in my sewing room.When the stash runs out,will prob cut waaay back & maybe stop altogether.We'll see.....
Old 08-17-2011, 03:56 AM

WONDER FABRIC!
LOVE THE DIFFINITION OF IT.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:22 AM

I guess I like trying new things I'm really not interested in making big quilts now but have taken some new classes like hand embroidery by machine and my next one will be making floor quilts
Old 08-17-2011, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dreaming
The other day I was at my mom's and she said that she was going to massively downsize. She seems to have lost interest in quilting. This has been going on for quite awhile and she decided to get rid of most of her fabic, and she has tons. Has this ever happened to anyone and then you got interested again?
I gave up on sewing in the middle of raising kids, but came back to it, 20 yrs ago, cannot imagine giving up quilting.
Judi
Old 08-17-2011, 04:24 AM

Oh yeah. right now I just wish it would just disappear. I am forcing myself to finish up all UFO's, Trying to pull from my stash and not finding what I need. I am not excited about what I am doing but I know it has to be done. And my health is giving me fits. I am just so tired ALL the time. My Fibromyalgia and CFS is just giving me all kinds of fits. And nothing is helping.
I am hoping my interest comes back when I get done with the UFO's and am feeling better.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:25 AM

sounds like depression.had she been ill?
i've rarely head of anyone doing this...
i've been through a patch of illness myself and have just recently stopped actually quilting the quilts,i send them out for machine quilting,but i havent actually gotten rid of the beautiful oak quilt frame that dh made me several years ago.dont think i ever will.i will use it again...still making quilt tops tho. ;)
Old 08-17-2011, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dreaming
The other day I was at my mom's and she said that she was going to massively downsize. She seems to have lost interest in quilting. This has been going on for quite awhile and she decided to get rid of most of her fabic, and she has tons. Has this ever happened to anyone and then you got interested again?
I've been in that 'mood' for the last month or so but I think I'm on my way out of it. I started a project last night and the quilting bug is back.

Maybe mom's overwhelmed at this point and needs help reorganizing and downsizing. If you accept what she doesn't want and donate (or sell) other things, maybe that'll help her 'see' what she loved about quilting in the first place.

Maybe she's losing interest because she thinks there's too many projects that won't get done or YARDS of fabric that will never get used. I think as quilters age they come to realize that they'll never be able to complete the million projects they want to complete. Maybe that's where she's at

Good luck - she's lucky to have YOU to help her at this time.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:35 AM

Yes during those years when I had to sew clothing for four boys and me. No time for quilts.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:56 AM

Yep, gave away boxes of books and magazines...Bags of fabric too....