Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-17-2011, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
Originally Posted by Juli
I took Shane and Owen to the fair today and while I was walking my left knee popped on me, by the time I got home I could hardly walk on my leg at all, my knee was so swollen.
Ok Juli we'll add you to the walking wounded list. hope you feel better soon.
LOL~ Thanks! I took a muscle relaxer and pain pill as soon as I got home.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:13 PM

I picked up the table today that goes with my new sewing machine. I can't wait to try it out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-243375.jpe
Views:	75
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	243381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-243376.jpe
Views:	80
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	243382   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-243377.jpe
Views:	72
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	243383  
Old 08-17-2011, 10:15 PM

A wonderful thank you to Crafty Grammie!!! What a great SP package arrived as always when I needed a little pick me up!. I cant find my camera in my sewing room I know I had it to take a pic of my August STar block.... but if you could see my sewing room you would not beleive I can even find the room to breath let along something like a camera. so I will endever to describe all. Now you must understand that we are both purple lovers so all is in shades of purple yum!
2012/2013 planner
purse sized note pad & pen
6 fat quarters in PURPLE prints
a half yard cut that I would not have ever parted company with beautiful blend of purple, teal, green with butterflies.
a Book by luanne rice, Beach girls.
the 'LOLLIPOP TOOL' will now and always be my very favorite notion
a package of Oregano seed (even the package is purple)hahaha
and a lovely note on beautiful hand stamped card.

Thank you so much for a wonderful swap.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Juli
I took Shane and Owen to the fair today and while I was walking my left knee popped on me, by the time I got home I could hardly walk on my leg at all, my knee was so swollen.
Sympathy, that sounds very painful, rest as much as you can (with young children I know that isn't as easy as it sounds)

Canny
Old 08-17-2011, 11:23 PM

Wow I hope everyone is feeling better.

I have not been able to log on to the QB.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:00 AM

Yah, I got my firmie yesterday. It came from DeeDee (NauDeeGal) and I feel honored that she took time from her busy summer schedule to be my sp. My camera is buried so I'll try to describe my package. She included several large pieces of fabric in purple and blues (just beautiful), hubby has already snatched one piece. She made a jar pin cushion and a cute coin purse out of fabric that is especially dear to me. She also sent a quilting novel, some fabric glue (hubby grabbed that to), needles and ribbon. It was a wonderful package. Thank you very much DeeDee.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kellie G
Originally Posted by arizonagirl
I had just go done reading mimom's post wishing that it was me as I really could use a pick me up from dealing with all the pain and in comes DH with a package from my SP: Kim aka: mimom. Now I know that you are all going to be jealous of my mug rug that she made special for me, but it can't be helped. Along with the most perfect mug rug made special for me as I collect snow globes, I also got 4 fat quarters 3 of which were also used in the mug rug. Did tell you guys as awesome the mug rug is yet??? I also got a beautiful card that am going to put up on the wall by my sewing machine so that I can look at it. I couild smell the gummie bears before I even opened the package. It had to go right into the fridge as it was now liquid, but after a bit it will firm back up and then I and eat it. It will be what we like to call a gummie slab. I also got a small calculator that is also a magnetic clip, very cool as I am always loosing calculators. I got a travel sewing kit, a package of hand sewing needles to use when I try doing my first hand quilted mini whole cloth quilt. I also got flower shaped memo pads and the cutest note cards with 2 mice carrying a strawberry. Oh and did I remember to tell you about the very first mug rug that I have ever had that was made special for me and so spectacular? Thank you Kim this made me so happy.
I think she likes the mug rug, I would too, it looks great!!! What a wonderful idea to make a snow globe.....Nice looking package.
she likes snow globes, try finding one this time of year. I received a mug rug in July's swap and just thought it was so special and decided to make them for my August sp's. They are fun and you get a feeling of connection with your sp when designing it to their likes.

Glad you like it, I really enjoyed making it just for you.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by gzuslivz
Hurrah! Patience pays off. I received my squishy today and it was full of wonderful things! I received 5 pieces of fabric, green and autumn themed (my favs), a magnetic notepad, a box of Hot Tamales and a bag of doggy treats for my 2 doxies! 30 seconds after the package was opened, the hubs and I were munching on the candy and the dogs were chowing on the treats! Can't wait to make something with the awesome fabric! Thanks, NCquilter and Roxie!
So glad you liked all of your goodies!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:25 AM

So glad you liked your package. It is always fun to put it together. still waiting for mine. crafty grammie
Old 08-18-2011, 04:40 AM

To everyone is hurting and not feeling well I send you a speedy feel better ((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))from Texas.
And a special ((((((((hug)))))))) for all the people who help them feel better!!!