Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm learning >

I'm learning

I'm learning

Old 08-18-2011, 05:35 AM

Sorry, I have experienced the same thing. I made a special quilt for my great neice's first christmas w/a
matching pillow case this is August still no thank you
I blame the parents that have raised them.
My parents always made sure Thank You notes or
calls were made no matter how large or small the gift
Old 08-18-2011, 05:41 AM

Your quilts are beautiful! I would not make them anything else though. Give them to someone who appreciates them.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:44 AM
jfs

I do the same thing time and time again. I make and give and do not get acknowledged. Then I wonder why I do it at all. I've changed my list...in my head...of who gets my quilts. Only those who appreciate it get one now. It narrows the list alot. Your quilts are beautiful and I appreciate looking at them and all the others on this board.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:44 AM

What absolutely BEAUTIFUL quilts!! WOW. Perhaps they are in shock with how nice they are. Maybe they are writing wonderful thank you letters. :) You should be very proud of what you did. I know your feelings are hurt, and mine I'm sure would be, too. Your hard work really paid off.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:45 AM

Love this! I hope you don't mind me quoting you sometime. We can't expect others to provide us with joy. We need to find it for ourselves. Yes you should receive a thank you but..............
Originally Posted by New Quilter
Sometimes you have to get your joy from the doing of something you love...Naomi :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-18-2011, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

in general, i think thank you's are not given as much as they used to be. give the gifts with love. you may be surprised to learn that they are used and used.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:46 AM

Don"t assume that they don't love and appreciate them. They probably do and have just been caught up in their busy lives. I bet the next time they see you they'll thank you. However I do agree that calling them to make sure they really arrived would not be out of line.
I sent a beautiful baby quilt to a nice and nephew last year and didn't hear from them for months. I worried that they hadn't received it also but then my SIL (she didn't know I'd sent them a quilt) said she had seen them at a family gathering and asked where they got the beautiful baby quilt and they told her I'd made it. My SIL said it was just gorgeous. I was very relieved that they had gotten it and were using it. Then a couple months later I got a lengthy Thank you letter from them with an apology for the lateness and saying how much they loved the quilt and how the baby slept with it every night.
So keep the faith...I don't know how they couldn't love those beautiful quilts you sent them.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:48 AM

Why is it that people cannot be considerate enuf to acknowledge a gift with a sincere 'thank you'? Seems like that should be a fairly easy thing to do. For some reason most of the younger generation do not feel it necessary to acknowledge a gift and say a simple 'thank you'!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:48 AM

I love both of your quilts. The joy is in the giving. I was hurt when I gave my nieces little one a quilt for her first birthday and all I got was a text message thank you. I figured I put more effort into making the quilt than she did in her quick thanks. A phone call would have been nice.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:22 AM

It's just common courtesy to acknowledge a gift. If they don't, I wouldn't bother to send them any more. It's sad that's happened in this day and age.