Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 >

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011

Old 08-20-2011, 12:38 PM

Now comes the hard part. Putting the book someplace so I can find it when I am ready to use it. Am I the only one who puts things in a special place and then you can't remember the special place?
Old 08-20-2011, 12:50 PM

Oh no Losie, I have lots of special places in this house which is 3 stories so I have a lot of hunting every now and again. i do try to keep all my books in the same place though.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:00 PM

Elle, I have a special row in my book cases for my quilting books but I have a bad habit of taking a book to drool over it and read the instructions and then it gets mixed up with my other books.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Losie, I don't think there is a thread - yet - for the Little Brown Bird. Unless Lesley has secretly been working on hers, nobody has started it. I have quite a few projects that need my undivided attention before I can begin working on it in earnest.
Nope, I haven't started on it, I want to quilt my AOTH (held up cruelly when Sweetie's timing went) then I have some UFO's that could do with finishing, THEN my conscience would be clear to start. By which time, there might even be a dozen of us all prepared to start together? What do you think ladies, we could have our own mini thread going.

I just googled this myself and my jaw hit the floor. LBB is gorgeous! I'd consider jumping in but that border is scary and I should put a big dent in my Dear Jane first. AOTH is done and waiting for the hand quilting frame. I also really want a Christmas Baltimore Album. Oh temptation.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:10 PM

So is LBB what you fearless ladies are pursuing next? Don't think I can join in on this one.

Losie, I can store the book for you until you need it :mrgreen: I really never loose anything :lol: :XD: :lol:
Old 08-20-2011, 01:32 PM

oooooo.........LBB is so very, very tempting! The price, however, isn't!! :shock: :shock:

Must finish my AOTH before I can jump in on any other intense applique project. It's on hold for a little bit until I can make some real headway with the packing. Then I will be able to work on it some more -- maybe.:roll: :roll:

Hmmmmm........did someone mention a Christmas Baltimore Album????? :D :D :D Then there is always a DJ. :? :? :? Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!! :D :D
Old 08-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore
Now comes the hard part. Putting the book someplace so I can find it when I am ready to use it. Am I the only one who puts things in a special place and then you can't remember the special place?
Losie, you can always put it in your special place, and then tell us where it is - that way we can all help you remember. I have resorted to that a couple of times with a friend I regularly email - knowing I have told her where it is gives me peace of mind. (I blame the leprechauns here - they hide everything! LOL)
Old 08-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by NDQuilts
Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Losie, I don't think there is a thread - yet - for the Little Brown Bird. Unless Lesley has secretly been working on hers, nobody has started it. I have quite a few projects that need my undivided attention before I can begin working on it in earnest.
Nope, I haven't started on it, I want to quilt my AOTH (held up cruelly when Sweetie's timing went) then I have some UFO's that could do with finishing, THEN my conscience would be clear to start. By which time, there might even be a dozen of us all prepared to start together? What do you think ladies, we could have our own mini thread going.

I just googled this myself and my jaw hit the floor. LBB is gorgeous! I'd consider jumping in but that border is scary and I should put a big dent in my Dear Jane first. AOTH is done and waiting for the hand quilting frame. I also really want a Christmas Baltimore Album. Oh temptation.
Have you posted pics and I missed them? Please can I have a link? Now you have done AOTH, I don't think the border should be that bad, especially as you will do all the middle first, just to get your eye in.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:57 PM

I think that blocks just come off as easier, bite sized sections as opposed to an appliquéd border. I skipped the border on AOTH and plan a more elaborate quilting scheme instead.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:35 PM

sigh... this block 20 is kicking my behind! I had to remove a piece because I trimmed it to small :roll:

I did finish 27!!! I need to clean it and iron before I share :D :D :D