Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Quilts for Kids >

Quilts for Kids

Quilts for Kids

Old 07-06-2011, 12:10 PM

Hello from Western Mountain Maryland !! :-D
Old 08-03-2011, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by pburkefox
Hi, I'm Pam in Pennsylvania, and I work for a wonderful charity called Quilts for Kids which, through the help of volunteer quilters all over the country, strives to wrap seriously ill children in the comfort of hand-made quilts. Last year we distributed over 26,000 to hospitals and other shelters, etc. There might be a chapter near you or you can request a free kit from headquarters. Please visit www.quiltsforkids.org for more info. I am relatively new to quilting and I love making these quilts, first because the patients and their families write us all the time telling us what a huge difference the quilts make, but also because they are small, comfort quilts and quick projects. It's so much fun!
Hi Pam,

I found your post because I was doing a search for some ideas for Quilts for Kids! :D I love your organization and I love making quilts for it. Thanks for all you are doing and welcome (belatedly) to the board.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:31 PM

Hi Pam,

I think we have exchanged emails at your QFK address. I am just starting a new chapter of QFK "Silicon Valley Quilts for Kids". We will have twice monthly workshops on Monday afternoons. Our first workshop is on Monday, September 12. Details here: http://www.quiltsforkids.org/calenda...day-workshops/

If someone wants to make a quilt for but can't attend the Monday afternoon workshops, they can contact me and I'll see that their quilt reaches a local child in need. Of course the national headquarters in Pennsylvania will be happy to receive their quilt as well.

Patterns and "rules" for making these quilts can be found at: http://www.quiltsforkids.org/patterns/

Glad to find this web site. Nice folks here.

Bonnie
[email protected]
Old 08-20-2011, 04:57 PM

Welcome from Kansas
Old 08-20-2011, 05:04 PM

Hi Susanna--Thanks for the welcome!

Bonnie