Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Face cream/lotion, eye cream >

Face cream/lotion, eye cream

Face cream/lotion, eye cream

Old 08-21-2011, 05:46 AM

I use oil of olay-sensitive skin facial cleanser and Oil of Olay facial moisture lotion. Why pay big bucks for all those other skin creams?
Old 08-21-2011, 05:53 AM

Mary Kay has a spectacular eyemakeup remover. Tried many other products, which make my eyes burn, or are oily..MaryKay is just right.

A little dab does ya:)
Old 08-21-2011, 06:14 AM

I have a friend, who has more money then she knows what to do with, always went to famous skin doctors looking for the miracle to prevent wrinkles. One day, a doctor told her to use Crisco, solid white shortening, applied lightly at night, washed off in the morning and reapplied lightly for day use.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by SS Muro
I have a friend, who has more money then she knows what to do with, always went to famous skin doctors looking for the miracle to prevent wrinkles. One day, a doctor told her to use Crisco, solid white shortening, applied lightly at night, washed off in the morning and reapplied lightly for day use.
Oh my, did she take his advice, how does she look?
Old 08-21-2011, 06:20 AM

I am a Mary Kay girl now since
1983 and it shows.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:28 AM

where would you buy the coconut oil? I use Aveeno for super sensitive skin to shower with and then Mary Kay moisturizing eye cream. I don't use anything else- my sister is highly allergic to perfumes. I know I'm just shriveling up with out the moisturizer on my legs and arms. :)

Thanks!
Barb
Old 08-21-2011, 06:46 AM

I started a new regimen with all Estee Lauder products. After I got over the sticker shock, I decided I would purchase the products that I felt like made a difference. I've been very happy with the results. The skin is the largest organ in the body...sometimes we forget to take care of it! :)
Old 08-21-2011, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by lvaughan
I use Oil of Olay eye cream and the age defying hydroxy cream. I received a full size ProX wrinkle smoothing cream as a freebie, thank goodness because I don't like it, sits on top of the skin. I hate to try new products especially with sunscreen, I don't like the feel of creams with sunscreen, and then just end up throwing them in the garbage. I would love to find a cream, needs to be moisturizing, with sunscreen that felt good on the skin.

So my question, what do you like, works for you? What do you hate? How much do you spend on your products? Truthfully, I hate to even spend the $20 for Olay products.
I've been using the Boots #7 products. The serum was recommended on "The Doctors Show"
Old 08-21-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by flowerjoy
I use Oil of Olay eye cream and the age defying hydroxy cream. I received a full size ProX wrinkle smoothing cream as a freebie, thank goodness because I don't like it, sits on top of the skin. I hate to try new products especially with sunscreen, I don't like the feel of creams with sunscreen, and then just end up throwing them in the garbage. I would love to find a cream, needs to be moisturizing, with sunscreen that felt good on the skin.

So my question, what do you like, works for you? What do you hate? How much do you spend on your products? Truthfully, I hate to even spend the $20 for Olay products.
Facelift
LOL, is that available in a jar?
That was a cute reply :) :)
Old 08-21-2011, 07:13 AM

I waited too long to take care of my skin. My sister did not. She has used Mary Kay for years and at 68 she has the smoothest, softest, unwrinkled face like a baby's bottom!