Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How did you meet your significate other? >

How did you meet your significate other?

How did you meet your significate other?

Old 08-21-2011, 09:37 AM

Our Dad's worked beside each other at the post office. Hubby had been to college a year before me. My Dad bragged about my grades, my hubby had convinced his parents they didn't give grades in college. We are both the oldest and parents had no experience with college. When hubby's father met him at the door the next day, hubby came looking for me at school. We were married almost 35 years when I lost him last year.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:38 AM
mim

I have found 2 husbands by putting an ad in the paper. The first one I was married to for 13 years before he died.

After 15 years alone I tried on line dating services and the men were dorks -- so I tried the personals in the paper again.

We met 5 years ago and were not impressed - but IM-ing and phone calls continued and we "grew" on each other. We got married last fall and are deleriously happy.

Mim
Old 08-21-2011, 10:00 AM

I was divorced in 1989 after 15 years of marriage, age 34. AT 39, my friends talked me into going to a singles dance. I said if no one dances with me I am going home. But when we got there my girl friend told me that I should meet this guy she had danced with the last time she had been there. Yah what ever! any way they had a Bingo dance and he came and got me to dance. He is a very good dancer. He called to ask me out later but I was seeing some one else. That went no where so I ended up back at a dance again and there he was. I went and asked him to dance and we have been together since 1994 and married since 1996. Couldn't imagine being without him.

Quilterfay
Old 08-21-2011, 10:00 AM

I met mine at the golf course. I use to take my grandkids golfing and according to him, he noticed me and stalked me on the course for 3 months, noticed I was always alone,(no men) and he says I never noticed him, so he finally approached me and we played golf together and we have been playing ever since. His way of approaching me was, "HEY you hell bent on playing by yourself ".
Old 08-21-2011, 10:01 AM

We met on a Greyhound Bus returning to Pittsburgh from Dayton, Ohio for school after Thanksgiving Break. His Soph. year and my first year of nurses training.
Celebrated our 50th anniversary last year.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:20 AM

High school biology class.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:26 AM

I met my mine at UC Davis (California), which is a study school (lots of professional schools). I had just moved there from San Diego to go to school after breaking up with my boyfriend (I was hoping to go to Vet school).

A medical student on campus had convinced the admin to let him use space on the mainframe to set up a computer dating service. It was 25 cents/quarter, you filled out a questionnaire, turned it in, and you could get up to 9 names (sound familiar). Then you received the first name and phone number of the person and the first meetings had to be in public locations for safety (there was a rapist running around at the time).

DH was the third name on the list and he called me. We spent 45 minutes on the phone for our first call. We then met and I talked myself into an invitation to his boss's party as his date (it was a Sat night - he worked at the med school). We were so comfortable with each other that on Monday, everyone at his work was asking him how long we'd been together. I was a student.

However, I went on first meeting with several others and told him I was going to do that because I wanted to make sure it wasn't rebound from my ex to him.

We met in Feb, moved in together in June, and got married (on our lunch break) in Sept. We will be married 31 years in Sept. Never made Vet school, but ended up with a great hubby and son. :)
Old 08-21-2011, 10:38 AM

I was working the window of the local daiy bar, He kept comming up to the window on a slow rainy night ordering a small ice cream, then a small rootbeer, then a small orange pop. I thought what the heck is wrong with this guy? The third trip up to the window he asked me out. I was 16 and told him I would have to ask my parents since he was older and out of schoolI think he was 20. I really didn't think he would call after I gave him my number. Well my parents did "the research" (we are small town, One traffic light small lol) Decided it was ok. and now we have been married almost 31 years. I can't say it has all been a bed of roses but guess we are old fashioned and make it through thick and thin :)
Old 08-21-2011, 10:41 AM

Bought a van from him, first Toyota Sienna in
Coos Bay, Oregon.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:45 AM

At work, I was selling cars. Another salesman had this customer that needed a ride home, as he was having some custom work done on his new truck, I volunteered. Next day he needed to be picked up (Friday the 13th), again I was available. He asked me out, we dated 3 years then married, also on a Friday the 13th. That was 9 years ago.