Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It's Saturday - What are you sewing today? >

It's Saturday - What are you sewing today?

It's Saturday - What are you sewing today?

Old 08-21-2011, 10:32 AM

I' like paper princess i also work on my dining room table and it is a mess
Old 08-21-2011, 10:34 AM

I' like paper princess i also work on my dining room table and it is a mess
Old 08-21-2011, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
"It's Saturday - What are you sewing today?"

My bottom to this comfy chair. :oops: :cry:

Got some unexpected/surprising/a-bit-shocking news yesterday afternoon and am finding it hard to focus, care, stay awake, plan, do. I'll share it later.

Jan in VA
You're in my prayers. Just allow yourself to float a while until you get your head and your heart on straight again. The projects aren't going anywere. Take care of you for now.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:01 AM

Got this part of my granddaught's quilt finished. I need to attach to rest of quilt and get the next section put together. I am doing a Cathedral Window in pieces to have work I can carry around with me.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ginaky
I wish I was sewing! I'm waiting for out of town family to arrive for visitation at the funeral home tonight for my mother-in-law. She passed away on Thursday. So our normal routine is "out of whack" for the next few days.
I'm so sorry for your loss. WE did funeral home this week also. A tragic suicide. Those can be so shocking and hard to understand. It wasn't immediate family except that it was my daughter's sister in law. I did get some sewing done while we were waiting. It's a thing I do to calm my nerves. I pray while I sew.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:07 AM

I wish I was sewing! I'm waiting for out of town family to arrive for visitation at the funeral home tonight for my mother-in-law. She passed away on Thursday. So our normal routine is "out of whack" for the next few days.
condolences to you and yours....
Old 08-21-2011, 11:25 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Not the best way to spend a weekend, my sympathy to you and your husband.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:39 AM

I am still working on Frank LLoyd Wright wall hanging for my DDIL. Sewing, and unsewing when I find a place I left out a strip of black :oops: :oops: :oops:
Old 08-21-2011, 02:21 PM

Olivia and I went to Joanns Sat am. I needed a couple of fabrics to complete a quilt. Olivia is 26 mo and has recently started carrying a "blankie" as she sucks her thumb. I wanted to find more fabric to make her a new one. You know how quickly they get dirty when dragged around. She loves the texture. It's one of those very soft cuddle fleece fabrics. She wanted everyone she looked at until the next one. When we found a pink, several shades and white plaid with white snow flakes she was sold. Even when I showed her some novelty prints she wanted the plaid. During her nap I washed, dried and serged the edges, made two. She was so excited when she woke up to find her "new blankie". Olivia my new shopping buddy. :)
Old 08-21-2011, 02:33 PM

Well this morning my DIL and I practised making flying geese because we have designed a quilt that will need 192 of them. Then we went to check out the store that is going to have the big sale next weekend in Spring Texas. They had a bunch of patterns on sale for $1.00 each, so I picked up 10 of those. That is a beautiful store. I can hardly wait for the sale. I don't like the new materials the stores have right now. I like the old stuff. Right now i am working on a dolly quilt that will need 600 3/4 inch squares. I only have about 160 done. We also are starting some Christmas stockings, and have an idea for a pinwheel christmas quilt. I feel like breaking all the rules and going outside the box on the Christmas quilt. I finally finished my avatar quilt. It is done. It is the first quilt that was made for me. Oh and in the evenings we are both hand stitching a baby quilt each. We have learned so much from the tutorials.