Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are There Any Quilt Patterns That Give You The Creeps? >

Are There Any Quilt Patterns That Give You The Creeps?

Are There Any Quilt Patterns That Give You The Creeps?

Old 08-21-2011, 08:46 PM

*Bargellos
*Log cabins (though I do like the modified, off-centered ones)
*Snowballs
*That one quilt with the appliqued girl with the bonnet (can't think of the name...the block reminds me of those cheap wooden roadside cutouts of the kids)
*Any pattern that tries to pass itself off as new when really its an traditional design made with a brand new fabric line.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:36 PM

I think whether I like or dislike a quilt depends more on the colour choices rather than the actual pattern but I have to say I'm not really a fan of sampler quilts...and after reading eveyone's replies it seems I'm the only one :?
Old 08-21-2011, 10:05 PM

This is a really interesting thread. We should start a favorite quilt pattern thread. The only quilt/pattern that doesn't really appeal to me is the crazy quilts. I'm not sure I understand them. But, I do enjoy looking at the ones other people make and appreciate the effort that goes into them. They look like a lot of work! I would like to make a bargello and log cabin someday. They are on my list. I have promised myself to all kits first. And I will be making my brother a Cal King quilt. Once all these are done, I will then start a new list!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:44 PM

I do not care for lots of triangles! Pin wheels! I keep thinking maybe if I look at enough of them Iwill like them! I like stuff that is asymetrical!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:19 AM

I certainly have never met a creepy quilt (not even Halloween theme ones, sorry) or any that I hated.

I feel like I must be a pretty bland person because I can't think of any quilt that I so much as dislike.

I can, however, think of quilts that have grabbed me, either immediately or after some study. Quilts that wouldn't get out of my head, quilts that I think about over and over, some of them for years.

If I can ever create one such myself, I will be a happy camper.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:26 AM

I admire the work others put into bargellos but wouldn't want to make one myself. Sunbonnet Sue and her male counterpart give me the creeps - can't quite say why and I know I'm swimming against the tide on that one, as many others love them. Good thing we're all different isn't it?
Old 08-22-2011, 02:16 AM

After I posted, got to thinking about patterns & realized....like someone else said,there's a lot of patterns I don't care for.Just means,I wouldn't care to make it.Doesn't mean I don't like to see all quilts.

The newer patterns shown on line grab me.Right now, I'm working on a tube quilt & 6 mos ago,had never heard of them.Tastes change,as do color favs.We should read this post a yr from now & see if our tastes are the same or ?
Old 08-22-2011, 02:33 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by MelodyWB

Or design your own.. as you go.. like I'm doing.. about to lose my mind..lol..I love them !! Also..my Avatar is technially a Bargello Pattern.quilters see too many standard ones and get frightened !!
Melody WB - I LOVE your bargello!
Old 08-22-2011, 02:36 AM

Now there's a good topic. What's on your list of wanna do's? Quilts that you can't wait to make?
Old 08-22-2011, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by n2stitches
I would rather you ask the question what is your favorite quilt pattern? Too much negativity for me to read these posts.
I agree.