Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How did you meet your significate other? >

How did you meet your significate other?

How did you meet your significate other?

Old 08-21-2011, 08:00 PM

We meet playing pinochle online in early 2001, played cards, chatted, phone calls and in August 2001 I came from Vancouver Canada to met him in Los Angeles. We knew from the get go we wanted to be together, dated long distance until I took a leave of absence for 6 months in 2008 - we got married in July 2008 I returned to Canada in January 2009 and moved here to USA in June 2009. We now play bridge and know that God placed us together and that we are truly blessed.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:02 PM

High school sweethearts. We celebrated our 5oth Wedding Anniversary on Aug. 20. We are also best friends. Raised 4 children and have 5 DGC. It has been a wonderful "journey".
Old 08-21-2011, 08:12 PM

I lived near my school so I walked there every day...my DH was 2 yrs ahead of me so he was at another school.His bus stopped at my school to pick up the kids that lived on the route he lived on......He would watch me walk home everyday and told his friends that I was the girl he was going to marry....2 yrs later we were at the same school and started dating.....dated all the way thru my high school yrs....been married 51 yrs now....love each other more each year !!!! BTW the first thing he bought me after we got married was a Kenmore sweing machine....
Old 08-21-2011, 08:15 PM

WONDERFUL !!!!!
Originally Posted by Quilting Grandma
I was born in 1941 at home, he was one of my first visitors (he was 2). We went to church together and by the age of 15 I knew he was the one and so did he. 53 years later -4 children, 15 grand chindren and 4 great grands - we are still sure.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:36 PM

My space!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:39 PM

I was a volunteer at a Dinosaur Museum preparing fossils and volunteered to help make the sandwiches for a field trip of the North American Paleontological Convention to the Dinosaur Triangle. In return for helping I was allowed to come on the trip. My now DH was a visiting paleontologist that was on this field trip. We talked a bit at a dinner and so the next day I saw what school bus he put his suitcase on so I scrambled and climbed into the bus. He got on the bus and came and sat with me. We now call this bus the "love bus". Because a friend of his was also on that bus and he ended up marrying the bus driver!! Needless to say I don't allow my DH to ride school buses anymore! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-22-2011, 03:10 AM

We each called the same friend one afternoon to say we had to work late and ask her to save us a seat at the church Lenten dinner that evening. She had always thought we'd be good together, so she didn't tell the second-to-call that she was to save a seat for the other. When we got there (in plenty of time for dinner) she just said "Sally this is Dick. Dick this is Sally." and turned her back on us and began talking with her husband. We got acquainted easily that evening! We were married about 15 months later.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:19 AM

Home from college for the weekend. He just back in town after getting out of Navy. We met in church. We have always had a part of the service where you turn around and meet and greet new people. I turned around and said HI and shook his hand. He said all he could here was "take me out". He gave his number to my brother and I said I wasn't calling a guy. So I said it was OK for him to have my dorm room # and the rest is history. 25 years together and celebrated 21 years married Aug 18th. YEAH!!!! Still love him to death.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:31 AM

My junior year of HS I wanted to visit a specific college. The Pastor of our church told me about another Pastor who was taking a group of students to visit. That Pastor has been my father in law for 36 years.

Another fun little note. His mother wrote a letter to my parents asking permission for him to ask me out. I am still amazed my parents said yes but I am so glad they did.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:41 AM

I tell everyone "my husband was delivered to my doorstep".
I was divorced and so was he. My childhood friend was married to my husbands childhood friend and wanted to "fix us up". I resisted for a long time (I hated blind dates). BUT, I finally gave in and they brought him over to my place one nite. We have been together ever since. Happily married for 34 years and two kids. BTW the couple that introduced is divorced now.