Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Look what Missouri Quilt...... >

Look what Missouri Quilt......

Look what Missouri Quilt......

Old 08-22-2011, 05:01 AM

Great news!!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:15 AM

Wasn't it great that they actually acted upon your statement? Good for you for asking. I'm sure so many people will use this option.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:30 AM

wonderful! I needed it too, but didn't even know to ask for it.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:39 AM
elm

Wow that gives me a good feeling. Thanks for starting my day in such a positive way!!!
Originally Posted by nwm50
did for me! I had contacted Sarah of Missouri Quilt tutorial that since I am partially deaf, is there anyway that I could get an type out info on what the pattern was for during their tutorial by mail and she responded that she would look into it. Within 2-3 weeks she had done the CC (closedCaptioned) on all of it! Yipee! So when you go online & having problem understanding...hit that (cc) button there under the screen & VIOLA!...words are there. Doing the happy dance.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:45 AM

That is very impressive!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:51 AM

How wonderful! I love to hear about companies going that extra step.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:05 AM

I live 13 miles from Missouri Quilt and didn't even know it. One day my friend Laura was visiting and we were talking about a tute they did on a Dresden plate and Laura said you know they are in Hamilton, how far is that? I said 13 miles she looked at me and I looked at her and we grabbed our purses and out the door we went.
Now mind you Hamilton is a small town, if you measure it in city blocks umm maybe 10 blocks and your through town, we drove through town a couple of times and could'nt find it so I happened to see a town cop on a side raod and stopped him and asked him if he knew where Missouri Quilt was, he pointed about 50 foot from us and said its right there <face red> I said thank you sir.
Laura and I was doing the happy dance and as we pulled into the parking lot we were so excited...yeah just one car here we will have personal attention, so we scrambled out of the car and looked at a old weathered building, there's the sign, yep this is it. So with purses clutched in our hands and visions of all the material and quilting tools we could get we marched to the door turn the knob and Ohhhhh no, they are closed on Mondays....it was Monday. We pressed our faces to the glass just to get a look at what we could have put our hands on, so with heavy hearts we walked back to the car and just sat and looked at that building. Then Laura said I'm hungry and we went to a little corner Cafe there in town, best Hot Beef, and Tenderloins that you will ever taste. Then we went back to my house vowing that in 2 weeks we were going back on a Friday.
Friday came and Laura was back at my house, we climbed in the car and off to Hamilton we went again, we knew where MQ was now, we pulled back into the drive in front of that old weathered building and grabbed our purses and we're at the door, we're turning the knob and the door opens yeahhh from that old weathered building to Quilters Heaven, Jenny met us at the door, welcomed us in and said if you need any help or have any questions let me know. We spent 2 hours there, and many questions. So with packages in the back seat we headed over to the Corner Cafe to eat lunch before heading home. It was a great day. Jenny is awesome and so is the shop. So...if your ever near Hamilton Missouri make sure you stop, you won't be sorry and make sure you stop at the Cafe.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:10 AM

You were smart to ask for the help and they were wonderful to respond so nicely!
Old 08-22-2011, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by nwm50
did for me! I had contacted Sarah of Missouri Quilt tutorial that since I am partially deaf, is there anyway that I could get an type out info on what the pattern was for during their tutorial by mail and she responded that she would look into it. Within 2-3 weeks she had done the CC (closedCaptioned) on all of it! Yipee! So when you go online & having problem understanding...hit that (cc) button there under the screen & VIOLA!...words are there. Doing the happy dance.
I too am hard of hearing and sometimes miss something on the tutes. Thanks for helping all of us.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:15 AM
elm

Great story. Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by Sharon A
I live 13 miles from Missouri Quilt and didn't even know it. One day my friend Laura was visiting and we were talking about a tute they did on a Dresden plate and Laura said you know they are in Hamilton, how far is that? I said 13 miles she looked at me and I looked at her and we grabbed our purses and out the door we went.
Now mind you Hamilton is a small town, if you measure it in city blocks umm maybe 10 blocks and your through town, we drove through town a couple of times and could'nt find it so I happened to see a town cop on a side raod and stopped him and asked him if he knew where Missouri Quilt was, he pointed about 50 foot from us and said its right there <face red> I said thank you sir.
Laura and I was doing the happy dance and as we pulled into the parking lot we were so excited...yeah just one car here we will have personal attention, so we scrambled out of the car and looked at a old weathered building, there's the sign, yep this is it. So with purses clutched in our hands and visions of all the material and quilting tools we could get we marched to the door turn the knob and Ohhhhh no, they are closed on Mondays....it was Monday. We pressed our faces to the glass just to get a look at what we could have put our hands on, so with heavy hearts we walked back to the car and just sat and looked at that building. Then Laura said I'm hungry and we went to a little corner Cafe there in town, best Hot Beef, and Tenderloins that you will ever taste. Then we went back to my house vowing that in 2 weeks we were going back on a Friday.
Friday came and Laura was back at my house, we climbed in the car and off to Hamilton we went again, we knew where MQ was now, we pulled back into the drive in front of that old weathered building and grabbed our purses and we're at the door, we're turning the knob and the door opens yeahhh from that old weathered building to Quilters Heaven, Jenny met us at the door, welcomed us in and said if you need any help or have any questions let me know. We spent 2 hours there, and many questions. So with packages in the back seat we headed over to the Corner Cafe to eat lunch before heading home. It was a great day. Jenny is awesome and so is the shop. So...if your ever near Hamilton Missouri make sure you stop, you won't be sorry and make sure you stop at the Cafe.