Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Face cream/lotion, eye cream >

Face cream/lotion, eye cream

Face cream/lotion, eye cream

Old 08-21-2011, 08:08 PM

I use a lotion from Melaleuca (tea tree oil) company. They call it Renew. In the winter here, Alaska is so cold it dries the air so much that I sometimes feel like a need a little something more for moisturizer. I mix the Renew 50/50 with Cetaphil Cream and it is amazing how nice it works together. My skin is ultra sensitive so I have never used foundation or expensive creams due to the effects of inflamming my skin. And I too believe they age the skin faster. Coconut oil is too greasy for my liking but I did give it a good try and also I did not see any significant difference using it. Everyone's skin is very different and what works for one does not for another. I guess thats why the cosmetic companys rake in the billions from women. When I was 18 a friend told me about her aunt that always wore skin moisturizer and protected her skin from the elements and looked way younger than her age. I took that to heart and have always used a moisturizer since then. I too have very nice skin and do not look my age, I am told. So the number one thing to do is keep the skin clean and moisturized at all times. It pays off in the end.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:20 PM

This is a great thread. I struggle because I HAVE to use sunblock but I also am careful to use safety recommended ones. Unfortunately, the ones that are safer for body seem also to be rather oily.

If you're looking for a general sunscreen, go with California Baby. You can get it at Target but it is spendy--close to $20 for a tube.I use this on my son--and I am PICKY on safety because he spends alot of time outside biking with his dad.

Like another poster mentioned, hats are your friend. I buy mine from Coolibar where they'll give you a hat WITH an SPF rating. For moisterizer I've never found anything I like better than Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisterizer. I'd use it everywhere on my body if it weren't on the spendy side.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:41 AM

I use Somme mtd formula ( I don't know what the letters mean) do a google search for sommeskincare.com
There are essential vitamins that skin needs, and it's a pretty easy system only 5 steps, it does not however remove makeup:(
I can't tell you the improved condition of my skin!
Mary Jo
Old 08-22-2011, 03:23 AM
Banned

I keep a box of baby wipes next to my sewing machine and a few times a day I wipe my face with one. They feel so good and keep my face smooth.I use the aloe ones.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:21 AM

As crazy as this sounds, I had a plastic surgeon remove some tumors off my back and while waiting for the local to take effect he was chatting with the ladies about crow's feet and said that he doesn't recommend any "injections" for crows feet that he and his wife use Neutrogina daily. So the one nurse said but what about someone like me who's just starting to notice them and he told her start using the neutrogina firming daily and she'll see the ones now starting to go away and won't need any injections..So needless to say I've added this to my shopping list.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:15 AM

Forgot to tell you it is Aveeno positively ageless firming lotion. Moisturizes all day with shitake mushroom complex and wheat protein. Comes in a tube that stands on end with two green leaves at the top and cream colored. It makes my sking feel so soft and the moisturizing does last all day. Pay $7 or $8 a tube for 80 oz. I have sensitive skin and this does not break me out. I like the tube because you get every bit out, where the pump style you don't.
IdahoSandy
Old 08-22-2011, 09:36 AM

I discovered coconut oil about 6 months ago and I love it.. use it all over, and it seems to be making facial lines less noticeable..and very affordable....
Old 08-22-2011, 09:53 AM

Extra virgin olive oil. Most creams/lotions burn my face.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Pinklady
I use Mary Kay products. and have very good results.I am 62 and most people say I look around 55. ( I'm not so sure about that)
I have used Mary Kay products since my early 40's and now am 63. Most people don't believe me when I tell them my age - especially women! My skin is soft, blemish and spot free. I have a couple of small laugh lines now, but I can live with that! Thank you Mary Kay.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
I use Clinique Anti-Aging but it's not inexpensive. Since I stay home I don't put on makeup everyday so I just just use the moisterizing lotion and eye serum...love the eye serum! I watch for the bonus deal and usually get a few good items I can try for free. I wear the tinted moisterizer rather than full makeup which has a SPF15.

Wish I could use other less expensive products but my allergies just won't let me. Way too many things break me out so it's double the $$ anyway. If I end up allergic to Clinique or don't like a new product, I can return it for a refund or try something else. I really only buy products about twice a year.

Right now, though, I am looking for a good eye makeup remover. Thought I could find one cheaper than the Clinique one although it is very good (for me). Haven't found anything yet though since I don't want to buy something I can't return.
vaseline petroleum jelly is a great eye make up remover