Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 >

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

Old 08-26-2011, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by beebs
Forgive me if this is the silliest question ever...but if I send fabric - do you just want whatever I think is nice - or does it need to be actual australian fabric? Made and printed here??

:-D Hello and a belated welcome to the forum from Scotland :oops:
I think someone else asked more or less the same thing, it really is not a silly question. The other girl was from the UK I think, from what I can remember I think the answer was that of course 'home grown' fabric would be nice but anything goes so long as it follows the normal rules of being 100% cotton for instance. I've been to Australia and I know you have some really special designs that we can't get outside the country so maybe something like that would be nice. I have seen some Aboriginal designs over here for instance but they are few and far between. I'm looking for designs with maybe a Scottish flair if I can but I think that I speak for the majority of quilters when I say, all fabric is good fabric. :!: :lol:
Hope this helps a bit, I'm jealous of your situation with your children, I know how lucky but also tired you must be. I had our four children within four years, they are all young adults now and talk about their childhood very fondly. They had a great time, I know yours will too. Just enjoy it :thumbup: :roll: 8-)
Take care,
Sue (aka rummage) xx
Old 08-26-2011, 09:42 PM

I washed and dried my fat quarters... will iron them tomorrow (it's bedtime here now..) and get them in the mail...

This is so much fun!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by rummage
Originally Posted by beebs
Forgive me if this is the silliest question ever...but if I send fabric - do you just want whatever I think is nice - or does it need to be actual australian fabric? Made and printed here??

:-D Hello and a belated welcome to the forum from Scotland :oops:
I think someone else asked more or less the same thing, it really is not a silly question. The other girl was from the UK I think, from what I can remember I think the answer was that of course 'home grown' fabric would be nice but anything goes so long as it follows the normal rules of being 100% cotton for instance. I've been to Australia and I know you have some really special designs that we can't get outside the country so maybe something like that would be nice. I have seen some Aboriginal designs over here for instance but they are few and far between. I'm looking for designs with maybe a Scottish flair if I can but I think that I speak for the majority of quilters when I say, all fabric is good fabric. :!: :lol:
Hope this helps a bit, I'm jealous of your situation with your children, I know how lucky but also tired you must be. I had our four children within four years, they are all young adults now and talk about their childhood very fondly. They had a great time, I know yours will too. Just enjoy it :thumbup: :roll: 8-)
Take care,
Sue (aka rummage) xx
Hi Sue,
4 in 4 years- holy heck! I thought I was busy :D
I know I will look back fondly - but my 3 month old still wakes twice a night for a feed so I am just in a constant daze :-D

PS - I've travelled and lived in many different parts of the world and I would have to say scotland was my favourite place of all. Especially the Isle of Skye and the highlands. Just amazing and picturesque! The otters!

Okay - I will join in then and I will try and find some fabric with aussie flavour!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:12 PM

I am totally interested. Please PM me your address & I will get something underway for Aussie land. Sounds like fun. Can't wait
Old 08-26-2011, 10:31 PM

:D Beebs,

Middle of the night feeds! I feel for you, from what I remember those feeds were very special and sometimes the only quiet time I would have with that particular child, especially no's 3 & 4 !! so I didn't really mind.

Otters! You are lucky, the only ones I have seen here in Scotland have been in our local wildlife park. How long ago were you hear? I know they are breeding in the wild with more success now.

I'm glad you're joining the swap and hope I am lucky enough to receive some of your material.

Bye for now, I'm off out in an hour or so to do some shopping and later will be meeting up with our no.3 (no.2 daughter) who now has a toddler of her own!! We had girl,boy,girl,boy, what do you have??

Bye for now,
Sue x ;)
Old 08-26-2011, 11:06 PM

Am interested in taking part in this swap but how will it work regards the return postage. I am sure if I sent you stamps from here in Aus you wont be able to use them from your end to post back to me.
Vicki
Old 08-26-2011, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by vici52
Am interested in taking part in this swap but how will it work regards the return postage. I am sure if I sent you stamps from here in Aus you wont be able to use them from your end to post back to me.
Vicki
Hi Vicki,
I usually send US$$$$ to cover postage. I weigh my stuff here first and see how much it would cost to send from here and work on that, the exchange rate is pretty easy to figure out.

Sue ;)
Old 08-27-2011, 12:31 AM

Hi Carsey
I would love to take part in this swap. I am from Australia and would like to know the address to send my FQ's to. I am also unsure of how the return postage is going to work as I cant send you an envelope with postage on it as it will be Australian Postage not US postage. I guess you have done this before and have it all in hand.
Hear from you soon

Relaine
Old 08-27-2011, 01:29 AM

OK for the international swappers postage........... Once you have your package or envelope weighed and know how much it will cost to send it to me, You can do any of the following:

I have a paypal account and you can put that much into the account.

You can send a money order.

Some send cash, but I'm not sure if it will still be there after going through customs.

If you have any more questions please let me know. I love ALL questions! That is how we learn!!!!

Blessings!
Carole
Old 08-27-2011, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by rummage
:D Beebs,

Middle of the night feeds! I feel for you, from what I remember those feeds were very special and sometimes the only quiet time I would have with that particular child, especially no's 3 & 4 !! so I didn't really mind.

Otters! You are lucky, the only ones I have seen here in Scotland have been in our local wildlife park. How long ago were you hear? I know they are breeding in the wild with more success now.

I'm glad you're joining the swap and hope I am lucky enough to receive some of your material.

Bye for now, I'm off out in an hour or so to do some shopping and later will be meeting up with our no.3 (no.2 daughter) who now has a toddler of her own!! We had girl,boy,girl,boy, what do you have??

Bye for now,
Sue x ;)
Oh - I was there in 1999 - so long ago. I lived in Ireland for a few years and popped over for a 2 week holiday:) I saw the otters when I was in the Isle of Skye. Pretty amazing stuff!
I have 4 boys - the middle two are twins:)

Sorry for the thread hijack!