Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I have to backtrack and also apologize :? >

I have to backtrack and also apologize :?

I have to backtrack and also apologize :?

Old 08-26-2011, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
We use Home Defence Max around the outside of the house and inside. We start spraying in the spring right after the snow melts and reapply outside after every major rain.
us too.... no ants... did have a fight with the mega spiders for a few days.... ewwww!!!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:53 PM

You made me laugh! I saw a post on here about getting rid of ants. Several posted to sprinkle out cinnamon and I did. I didn't see anymore after I sprinkled the cinnamon. I mean not one anymore, and they were really bad on my kitchen sink/trashcan area. I cleaned and cleaned before I sprinkled the cinnamon. Didn't matter, but the cinnamon worked. I was really surprised something so simple.

Hope you get rid of the ants.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:21 AM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

You have all given me such hope that I can return to my retired, and just plain tired, ways of enjoying this stage of life in my own space. As I mentioned before in the previous post, if you're coming by here to visit, bring food and be prepared to sit on an office chair and sew!

Thanks!!

Jan in Bedford, VA, where there is predicted virtually no signs of the hurricane this weekend. :-D
Old 08-27-2011, 03:15 AM

Jan, it's pretty much just a windy storm here for us, too. Should have brought in the backyard umbrella though....oops! :D
Old 08-27-2011, 09:16 AM

When my children were young, one daughter planted mint plants for her iced tea and I never bothered the plants. One summer, my husband pulled them all up and there was nothing growing around the foundation of the house and we were invaded by ants-all shapes and sizes. So plant mint and it spreads and chases crawling critters.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:13 AM

LOL!! Great story Jan. We go through that every year here. And we have a quarterly pest control visit. I have found that thorough pest spray work outside and caulking entry points (mine LOVE the kitchen window frame) works well.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:28 AM

Jan, I had missed the post of the 18th, so thanks for posting the link.Laughed so hard reading it, then read this post, andcontinued on with the laughter. You have a great writer's talent. I have no remedy to share with you. I have to admit, although I know your grief with the DA, I do look forward to the next episode.There will be another one won't there???
Oh my gosh, you're funny.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:43 AM

Yuck
Old 08-28-2011, 12:16 PM

Oh, can I empathize! One place I lived had those big black ants that were all over my kitchen sink, counters and dishwasher. I finally called the exterminator who found a huge nest of them in the roof of my garage. (You could actually HEAR them chewing.) Ugh.

Then, when I moved here I've had teeny tiny ants all over my kitchen. But I found a cure. Local hardware store recomended Terro Ant Killer. It's a liquid and you only need a drop or two. The ants cluster around the drop of liquid -- and then they all disappear. I guess different kinds of ants respond to different poisons, but this product definitely fixed my problem with teeny tiny ants. (Don't think it gets rid of the big black ants. but upi can give it a try.)
Old 08-28-2011, 12:46 PM

I fought little black ants last year and had the pest man out numerous times. HE told me to get a spray bottle and use white vinegar and spray every where they may be coming in the house. It sure got rid of them. I had them in pantry, dish cabinets bathrooms, couldnt leave anything edible laying around on counter tops.
I hope you can get rid of them soon.