Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
OMG!  Somebody call me the Waaahhhhmbulance!!!!!! >

OMG! Somebody call me the Waaahhhhmbulance!!!!!!

OMG! Somebody call me the Waaahhhhmbulance!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2011, 07:36 AM

Ask the dealer to return it to the Mgf. I have a babylock quest that had the same problem....still being repaired after months. Check your bobbin to see if there is an extra little "washer" like thing at the back (inside) which seems unattached - but don't remove it. If it becomes detached you get all kinds of problems. I have also had the needle stop and just move up and down in one place as long as I keep the machine turned on. Don't know why it does it, but it happens.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by jmabby
It should still be under warranty if you only have had it 4 months. I hope you have a good dealer that will work with you, if not, call the company, Good luck
Good luck calling the company...if you can even get through. They just refer you back to the dealer.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:58 AM

My Pfaff had the same problem with threads and being picky about threads when it was new and today, years later it still has issues. Has to go in for service about twice a year. Wish that I had insisted on getting a different machine when it was new but what did I know? My daughter's bought at the same time never has had a problem.
So heed the comment made about defective machines and trading them for something that works!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:03 AM

I'm hoping your dealer can fix it right then and there. Sometimes it's a simple thing, and that's what I hope is the case for you today. Please keep us posted!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:08 AM

I have a Baby Lock Quilter's Choice. Same thing happened to me early on but it was my fault. Good advice has been given in re to cutting the thread from the spool and pulling it out through the needle. I had left the presser foot in the down position and tried to pull my thread off from the spool. It then proceeded to wrap itself around the tension discs and "locked up". Fortunately mine was under warranty and they fixed it in an hour and cost me nothing but I learned a valuable lesson. As far as thread, I use every kind of thread with no problems. I do keep my bobbin area cleaned out.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

I have no fear to taking my machine top or bottom off to see inside. Every machine I have has screws, some hidden. The repairman has to be able to take the thing off without leaving marks. I have found almost 99% of my machine problems by just looking. Once I found a pin wedged by a gear, holding it stuck. Removed the pin and everything was fine. Never did figure out how that pin got in the machine. Once my bobbin clutch was stuck and I saw the problem by looking. You can take the top off and not be in the computer part if you have a computer machine. Don't worry about that.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:36 AM

When I bought my new machine, the dealer had a maintenance class that she STRONGLY encourage I take. I did learn a lot. Newer machines need to be cleaned after every 10 hours of sewing. We learned how to take the bobbin area apart, clean and reassemble. This class was invaluable. I am going to take it again (it's free) because when I cleaned my machine this past weekend, I had a few questions pop up.

Never ever use canned air to "blow" your machine. You can easily mess something up with the air pressure. I like to use a vaccum to clean out the bobbin area, but was told the sucking pressure could harm something. They suggested putting a straw in the nozzle attachment to reduce the pressure. They said it would still get any of the lint balls out - which it did. Took me all of 15 minutes from start to finish.

I would strongly suggest that you take a maintenance class and learn to clean your machine properly. Then clean it regularly.

Ok, that's my story.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:58 AM

Sounds like it could be a thread somewhere inside. A machine should be able to sew properly with many different brands of thread, even the cheap stuff. You might not want the cheapies on your work but the machine should adapt anyway.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Banned

Sounds to me like you might have threads caught or tangled up in the bottom of throat plate. Did you take everything off and check your bobbin area to see if there is any threads under there?
That is what it sounds like to me. I would check that first before calling the repair man, and costing you money that you could be spending on fabrics...lol
Old 08-29-2011, 10:23 AM

You know,it never hurts to have a back up machine.WELL...I took my older machine in for repair so I'm now using my Babylock Estante that has be sitting for maybe three years,Brand new.I've been using it for a couple of weeks,no problems as of yet.All it doesn't have is a USB port,sooo next week I'm looking to trade it in for one that does have a USB port.Connie in CO