Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Penny Halgren - AHHHHHHHHH! >

Penny Halgren - AHHHHHHHHH!

Penny Halgren - AHHHHHHHHH!

Old 08-30-2011, 08:07 AM

I have outlook express and I have an option to block
sendes, check to see if you do and block her.
peep
Old 08-30-2011, 08:10 AM

Usually they have an "Unsubscribe" button on the bottom of the page. If you can't find one try to find a contact button or send an email. You might have to do this with every different company that you're getting email from. I
subscribe to this last year and found the same thing. All it is is a site to buy products. Good luck!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:44 AM

You can right click over the email (not opened) and it will give you a bunch of things, one of which is to block the email. I block both person as well as site (Penny Halgren)
Old 08-30-2011, 08:48 AM

Now right-clicking to block... Never knew about that one. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:50 AM

On the page where you can unsubscribe there is a "report abuse" button. Use it. I unsubscribed so I will have to see how it goes. If not, I am going to report it.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Suz

I haven't read this entire thread, but go into your message box (where you would reply or forward, etc) and "block" her emails.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:54 AM
mac

Originally Posted by judykay
I get her emails daily and only one a day. She has great tips and many times she has free webinars that are loaded with lots of information. Yes sometimes there are advertisements for her dvd's included but they are in with her regular daily emails. Email her directly and tell her you are getting all these emails, her address is:

[email protected]

Judy in Michigan
Thanks, Judy. Emailing her is a great suggestion. Then I can at least let her know that I am not interested and the reasons why. I'm sure that will stop her, especially when I mention that I am telling all my quilting friends about her. Maybe if other quilters will write to her, she will get the message.

Mary Ann
Old 08-30-2011, 09:02 AM

I have AOL and had to raise my spam setting to Med after I signed up to "win" a Walmart gift card (stupid me). Check ypu spam settings and if still getting junk mail then mark them as spam and eventually they will stop coming thru. Good luck!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:30 AM

In defense of Penny's website, she provides much free information, including her webinars that you can view free or you can buy it. While I agree that a lot of her stuff is pricey, that is her business. She has taken her hobby and made it into a business and if there are people who will support that then great, in the meantime, you could just glean from her teaching and patterns for free. She obviously loves to teach and while I get a little frustrated at her pace, I think it is valuable for some who want a teacher to go real slow. Sorry to hear though that many have a hard time unsubscribing...it should not be that way.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:40 AM

I'm on Yahoo mail and I can go into a certain place (can't think of what it is called) and put the email address in and it will block it from coming into my regular or spam mail. So I never see it again!!