Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more! >

♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

♥ Is your fabric stash taking over your sewing room? Let's all get organized and use up fabrics we have so we can buy more!

Old 08-31-2011, 05:21 AM

I've finally made a bedrm into a sewing rm and everything is getting so organized hubs said he would make a door in the wall of the closet in there and give me more storage space in the attic area behind the bedrm!

The only bad thing is, I have put a clubchair rocker in there and he likes my space so much he comes in and plops down when I'm doing things and just wants to sit in my chair and watch me work, lol sharet
Old 08-31-2011, 05:26 AM

I spent 2 months re-doing my sewing room. Sorted, folded, wrapped, and got all these fabrics in order... Now you're telling me I actually have to USE them???
Old 08-31-2011, 05:39 AM

But if I don't shop for fabric I will have withdrawal symptoms and be useless....lol I will try to not shop for anymore fabric until my stash is down to nothing, but I'm not promising..lol
Old 08-31-2011, 05:56 AM

I'm working on it. Doing a Bonnie Hunter scrap quilt right now so hope to use up a lot.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:17 AM

Perfect idea!!! I have already started! :-D
Old 08-31-2011, 06:27 AM

My fabric has taken over my sewing room as well as in two rooms in the basement. I am now newly retired as of today and do plan on a major reorganization. But I can't really do that until the end of September. We are having a guild quilt show the 17th and 18th and I am chairman of 3 committees so I will be tied up with that and getting my entries ready.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:27 AM

I love my DH but he likes to do this too and I find it terribly annoying. He says he just wants to sit for a bit, but sometimes he falls asleep! I guess the whirr of the sewing machine and the classical music on the radio is soothing. Oh well, I am glad he wants to be with me. Love that old man :)
Originally Posted by arimuse
I've finally made a bedrm into a sewing rm and everything is getting so organized hubs said he would make a door in the wall of the closet in there and give me more storage space in the attic area behind the bedrm!

The only bad thing is, I have put a clubchair rocker in there and he likes my space so much he comes in and plops down when I'm doing things and just wants to sit in my chair and watch me work, lol sharet
Old 08-31-2011, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
My problem is that as soon as I make something I give it away. I just can't wait till Christmas. Arghhhhh! Anyone else have that. Also it is not fabric taking over my room but vintage sewing machines. HA!

I am the SAME WAY!!! Once I have something made for someone, I just can't wait to give it to them!!
Old 08-31-2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kath12
My fabric has taken over my sewing room as well as in two rooms in the basement. I am now newly retired as of today and do plan on a major reorganization. But I can't really do that until the end of September. We are having a guild quilt show the 17th and 18th and I am chairman of 3 committees so I will be tied up with that and getting my entries ready.
Congrats on your retirement! Mine is coming up Dec. 1st!
:thumbup:
Old 08-31-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue
Hey, I have spent years getting my stash together. Going to enjoy it while I am alive, thank you. I recently contributed pictures of my sewing room, and I loved the comment "well-loved room". And I do travel at least once a year, not unpacked from last October yet...
I have two square Christmas ornament boxes that I have my FQs in. It worked well the first two years :roll: I'm going to covert my overflow to a fabric closet shoe organizer. Hopefully I won't have overflow...for a while.

Oh-oh..... That means I need to find room amongst my collection of roving and wool batts. Yikes!