Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • looking to buy an Embroidery Machine >
  • looking to buy an Embroidery Machine

• looking to buy an Embroidery Machine

Old 08-30-2011, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Crqltr
    Look for a dealer that sells used machines. Lots of people want the latest and greatest so they trade up. That is how I got my last one and the deal was great.
    This is excellent advice. You will be amazed at the deals you can find on gently used machines. The dealer generally completely services the machine, offers a warranty, and user classes. With $1000, you can probably find a machine that originally sold for up to $2000 more brand new.
    Old 08-30-2011, 05:30 PM

I bought a used Babylock Ellegante 2 from a dealer and am very pleased with it. It was 2k used though.I can use a USB stick. I also would not buy one that had a proprietary card. When you do buy...I have been pleased with metro thread. The price is great and haven't had any issues with the thread itself. I'm using my machine for piecing too...it came with a lot of quilting features. I'd eventually like to buy a machine for piecing and use the ellegante solely for embroidery. I appreciate having the support of a dealer because when I first got it I had all kinds of problems with stitching..it turned out with my lack of experience I wasn't threading it properly...needed to get it in all the little hidden grooves inside the machine and after she watched me and showed me how she does it all the issues went away.
    Old 08-30-2011, 05:45 PM

I have 2 brother and a babylock emb mach......LOVE them all....and they are made by same company and Brother is cheaper....Had a Viking and it was a nightmare....got rid of it and went to the Brother....Viking is a good quality mach but not as user friendly as Brother and Babylock....If you want to jump right in without a lot of headaches from learning how to use the machine,,,go with Brother for price and user friendly !!!! Good luck !!!
    Old 08-31-2011, 07:07 AM

thanks for all of the information i new that i could count on all of you for help so i will be on the look out and try some machines as i am looking too.
    Old 08-31-2011, 09:07 AM

I agree on getting a used machine at a reputable dealer. Brother is so user friendly. Try them out before purchasing. Good Luck