Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012 >

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

International Fabric Swap - Sign-up will close on January 5, 2012

Old 08-30-2011, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by hazel brady
love to join your swap but am wondering if you would accept an international cheque inside the envelope as I don't think the American post office would accept Aussie stamps Have I missed or misunderstood something here.
Hi Hazel
Do you have a Paypal account, as this would be the cheapest option for you. An international cheque is expensive, when I was working in the Bank I think it was $30, which would be way more than the postage. I have purchased US Dollars at the Bank to send overseas but again it is expensive with the Bank costs.
Hope this helps
Old 08-30-2011, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle
love to join your swap but am wondering if you would accept an international cheque inside the envelope as I don't think the American post office would accept Aussie stamps Have I missed or misunderstood something here.
Hi Hazel
Do you have a Paypal account, as this would be the cheapest option for you. An international cheque is expensive, when I was working in the Bank I think it was $30, which would be way more than the postage. I have purchased US Dollars at the Bank to send overseas but again it is expensive with the Bank costs.
Hope this helps
US dollars purchased at Australia Post are commission free and the exchange rate is fairly good.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:44 AM

Carsey does have Paypal which would resolve some of the issues.

Originally Posted by mirabelle
Hi Hazel
Hope this helps
Old 08-31-2011, 02:11 PM

Wow! There are over 100 swappers! I had hoped to send a fat quarter for each swapper, but that is not going to happen. I can't imagine the postage on all that yardage!

So - if I am at my limit of swaps, do I send them before January, or wait until the end date to send the FQs?

Carsey, it looks like you will be inundated with fabric! Are you going to need help to get it all back in the mail?
Old 08-31-2011, 03:06 PM

WOW!!! 100 swappers!!! I think you should take a picture of all the fabric together!! Depending on how many F4's everyone sends you could have quite the pile!!!! Now that I know how many we have Imay need to rethink how many I am sending in!!! Lol :D
Old 08-31-2011, 03:14 PM

Take a picture, she might be up to her eyeballs in fat quarters. She may not be able to snap the pic. Hehehehe

Originally Posted by KGoodhand
WOW!!! 100 swappers!!! I think you should take a picture of all the fabric together!! Depending on how many F4's everyone sends you could have quite the pile!!!! Now that I know how many we have Imay need to rethink how many I am sending in!!! Lol :D
Old 08-31-2011, 04:24 PM

Okay, I stopped at my favorite LQS today and they had some great fabrics that I think represent my area = Southern California.

So I am in!!
When do you want them mailed? - I may hold off a bit to see if I find some more - but I also don't want to forget about them.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by katvert
Okay, I stopped at my favorite LQS today and they had some great fabrics that I think represent my area = Southern California.

So I am in!!
When do you want them mailed? - I may hold off a bit to see if I find some more - but I also don't want to forget about them.
PM Carsey and she'll give you the information.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hazel, I'm going to check out what our options are with Australia Post tomorrow so will let you know then.

Cheers
I spoke to a representative of Australia Post International Dept re some options for us and he advised me that it was illegal to send cash by post anywhere in the world. So that option is out. Other suggestions were bank draft (too expensive at $30+), Western Union also too expensive. So that leaves Paypal with which I am not familiar with so if somebody can enlighten me (us) how that works then that may be an option??? otherwise I fear that this exercise could be too cost prohibitive.

I am happy to 'gift' some fabric but the amount would depend on costs etc.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:42 AM

Oh I love this idea! sign me up for sure!