Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
If You didn't Have A Dog or Cat‏ >

If You didn't Have A Dog or Cat‏

If You didn't Have A Dog or Cat‏

Old 09-01-2011, 08:21 AM

My life would be so boring with out my 3 dogs. They give me a reason to get up (don't even need an alarm clock) and go to bed (stare at me). They are my babies.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:38 AM

My landlord said I could have one cat only and she rules our home. She greets me everyday when I get home from work and also thinks Saturday and Sunday should start as early as my work days. Because of her, one of my daughters and two of my grandchildren don't come see me due to their allergies. However, she is always there to provide comfort and companionship and they would only visit on occasion so it's a no brainer, she stays :)
Old 09-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Lyn

Originally Posted by Meme2six
My landlord said I could have one cat only and she rules our home. She greets me everyday when I get home from work and also thinks Saturday and Sunday should start as early as my work days. Because of her, one of my daughters and two of my grandchildren don't come see me due to their allergies. However, she is always there to provide comfort and companionship and they would only visit on occasion so it's a no brainer, she stays :)
My DB and SIL said they would stay in a hotel because she is allergic. If I knew that was all it took I would have gotten my pets a long time ago. :)

My BIL and SIL on my husband's side want to stay with us but my cats can never have been in their room. Oh no they never have. (wink, wink) The cats were here first.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:01 AM

Could not imagine my life with out kitties. DH also has a dog, but I walk the dog so maybe he's really mine? I love it when my 20# male kitty sleeps with me. Emmy thinks the bedroom is to cold so she sleeps in the door way. When my last kitty died, 6 yo, I said I was done with animals bc it hurts so much when they die. Next day I was looking for kitties.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:18 AM

I got my first pet (dog) in Dec. 1973. Since that time I have had 3 dogs 2 cats and will be adding 2 more cats because my adult kids are moving in for awhile. In all that time I have had 9 days when I had no pet living in the house. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have a dog or a cat sharing my home.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:31 AM

I recognize so many of the statements in that, especially the when the doorbell rings. My house does sound like a kennel and I have to wade through 4 furbodys to get to it. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:39 AM

We have 4 dogs and 3 cows.

Charlie is a 140 pound rottweiler. Big baby!
Sam is a mix between Australasian shepherd and blue heeler.
Penny is a Miniature long haired dachshund. She is black and tan.
Patty is a the same as Penny except is long and short haired and Patty is considered red.

Love them all very much and each one has their own personality.
You can even tell which one is barking or whining, just like a child!
Penny and Patty are my indoor girls and Sam and Charlie are my out door "guard" dogs. HA! They only thing they guard is their food dish and their goodies!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:15 AM

I sure can not agree with you more love my dogs
Old 09-01-2011, 10:47 AM

We have four dachshunds, Daisy, Molly, Mindy and Taffy. Daisy is a 14.5 to 16 pound red/white piebald, and is one of MY service dogs. She walks with me because I may tip over like a webble (may wobble), or wander off in a direction I did not intend to go. Driving long distances locks my back up, so she helps me out of the car. She is 6 yrs old, and came from our local HS.

Molly is a tiny 8.5 tricolored black and white piebald, so it doesn't matter what color I wear, hair will show, lol. She is a medical alert service dog who is so dead serious when working it is almost funny. Off duty, she bounces like a rocking horse and makes friends with the world. At 3 yrs old, she is our baby. She came from a rescue in Texas, where she was turned in, heartworm positive and pregnant.

Mindy is a black and tan, self taught hearing dog, also a rescue from Texas. She was almost dead when the breeder handed her over to the rescue who immediately took her to the vet who saved her life. She will be 6 in Oct.

Taffy was our first, and will be 7 in Dec. She came from the local animal control, where she was an owner surrender. She was 11 months old when we got her. She is a chocolate, and if you have ever known a chocolate of any breed, you know they have an extra gene for mischief. She is 11 pounds of pure energy, plays ALL THE TIME, has no interest in being a service dog of any kind. She figures we are her SERVICE PEOPLE, put here to serve HER, lol. I plan to make her a vest saying, IT'S ALL ABOUT ME.

They all sleep on the couch, in our beds, any where they want. They probably eat better than we do. They watch over us when we sleep, give us unconditional love, and never complain about our faults. We may have gotten them from rescues, but they rescued us in return. Life would just not be the same without them.

My feeling is that if you don't like our dogs, stay on the outside of our door.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:56 AM

Who else would I tell my troubles to that doesn't condemn me? Who else would sit in my lap and offer to help write my term papers for school? Who else would still want to snuggle with me when I've been a grouch? Who else would be my 4:30 a.m. alarm clock that goes off 365 days a year, never calls in sick and does not fail when there is a power outage?