Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
New twisters? >

New twisters?

New twisters?

Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 PM

I just finished a new draft--trying for a smaller tree. Tomorrow I'll try to put it together and see if it works. I have seen the second twist book, I think it's called "Let's Twist Again." BUt I've only seen it online. I would like to glance through pages to see if it's worth me spending more since I have already bought one book and two tools. It is addictive. I'm wondering if there will be lots more patterns at the International Quilt Festival this fall.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:44 PM

[quote=klgreene]
Originally Posted by sailsablazin
Just a few days ago on the QB--August 26th or 25th,,,there were a ton of pictures of Lil Twisters...including wreaths and discussisons. I copied them but can only "cut and paste" and that isn't working to show you. (computer illiterate).

If you want to send a private e-mail address, I can forward the pictures otherwise I don't know how to get them to you.
I know how to copy and paste the link, but I was trying to send pictures and they would not paste on this page...maybe I am totally dumb when it comes to this computer,,,,but I PM'd them to her and they are really cool.
Thanks so much for your help. I REALLY like your little quarter size lil twister wall hanging..
Old 08-31-2011, 09:18 AM

Here is a quick look at the way the lil twister tree should be laid out. It isn't a tut, just some instructions on how many blocks you need to do before you twist. Hope it helps someone.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Attachment-249576.pdf (302.8 KB, 211 views)
Old 08-31-2011, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene
Here is a quick look at the way the lil twister tree should be laid out. It isn't a tut, just some instructions on how many blocks you need to do before you twist. Hope it helps someone.
Thanks for this, Katie.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:20 PM

Good job, Katie. I have a smaller version graphed out with a different trunk, but before I share, I want to make a version. The one I'm working on is nine rows by nine rows....May not work at all, but I thought I'd try. Unfortunately it may be a couple of days.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene
Thank you for sharing this! I have made the Christmas wreath and now I can make the tree.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by marymm
Good job, Katie. I have a smaller version graphed out with a different trunk, but before I share, I want to make a version. The one I'm working on is nine rows by nine rows....May not work at all, but I thought I'd try. Unfortunately it may be a couple of days.
That's whats so neat about this twister, so I'll be looking forward to your pictures. I was thinking of doing it in 1 1/2" template, but I have a bunch of projects that have to come first.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:38 AM
BMP

Originally Posted by marymm
Cant wait to see your result. I just got a 2 1/2 inch square but am not quite sure what measurement to use to draw my lines I am thinking 1/2 or 3/4 inch ...anyone have one that could measure theres and let me know???
Old 09-01-2011, 10:39 AM

there's a pict. here that made squares with the scraps for a border ~ just to give you an idea:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-134922-1.htm
mommamac
On August 25th there was a whole discussion on the Lil Twister and lots of pictures....check it out.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:00 PM
MM

Originally Posted by sailsablazin
t
On August 25th there was a whole discussion on the Lil Twister and lots of pictures....check it out.
I've searched for this using the term "twister", but I can't find the discussion/pictures you're talking about. Do you know the name of the discussion? Or is there some way to get to all the August 25th subjects? if so, I haven't figured out how.

Thanks,
Margaret