My feral cats.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:18 PM

sadly there are too many left on their own in the recession. Our city has had a major probelm We helped catch a mom and 5 kittens all of whom were ill. After my husband and son got under the neighbors porch they found evidence this was not the first time cats had been living there. Love cats but have to be realistic and think of the kids who may not know well enough to keep a distance
Old 09-01-2011, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by RobertaMarie
They used to be outdoor rat killers but we made them indoor kitties because our neighbor caught them using her flower beds for a potty box (and we like our neighbor). Now they only go outdoors with us, and are both nice cats, tho the are getting older.
My next door neighbor is not happy at all that I'm feeding the cats. She just wants them gone. They sometimes get under her shed and she objects. I've told her I'm getting them all neutered and will not let them starve. I just hope I can tame them all in time.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:15 AM

beautiful wild fur babies!!
Old 09-01-2011, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC
My last little guy, Ingles, was nearly run over in the Ingles grocery parkin lot. Thankfully he wasn't feral. Left the parking lot to the vet for Lukemia check, 2 days later, snip. He wasn't but 4 months old.
Ingles is so adorable!
Old 09-01-2011, 06:13 AM

One of our 3 was a year-old feral when we got her. It took 2 years for her to stop running under the bed whenever we entered the room, but now she's a total sweetie! Three of our previous four purr-babies started out feral but became the loves of our lives. My mom's last kitty was feral. After two years of running at the sight of a human, one day she finally decided she wanted to come in the house and become a lap cat. Mom lost her just a few months ago at about 18 years old.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:02 PM

I'm glad to hear you have spayed the mom. Hopefully you can trap the dad too so he can bee neutered. I don't mind feral cats I just midn them reproducing. Thank you for being responsible to those animals.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:21 PM

Tonight none of them showed up to eat. I am concerned as this has not happened before. Sure hope someone turns up before I go to bed.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Tonight none of them showed up to eat. I am concerned as this has not happened before. Sure hope someone turns up before I go to bed.
Tomilu, please keep us posted when your babies turn up. Chris
Old 09-01-2011, 07:50 PM

Your cats are pretty. Just Tuesday we added a new member to my family... Lil Tommie Gale, named after my DH Jimmie Gale! So now we had LuLu- Australian Sheperd, King Baby Boy- long-haired orange & white Tabby and Lil Tommie Gale- Black with gray hairs coming out of his ears! We are almost complete family. We are waiting now for another year to go by to add another member.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Landers
Your cats are pretty. Just Tuesday we added a new member to my family... Lil Tommie Gale, named after my DH Jimmie Gale! So now we had LuLu- Australian Sheperd, King Baby Boy- long-haired orange & white Tabby and Lil Tommie Gale- Black with gray hairs coming out of his ears! We are almost complete family. We are waiting now for another year to go by to add another member.
Thank you! Is that you on a Walker in your avatar?