Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone else have this problem? >

Does anyone else have this problem?

Does anyone else have this problem?

Old 09-02-2011, 07:10 AM

Just try to do your best and enjoy the process AND remember--you are probably your own worst critic!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:12 AM

I am still just learning but I love all the quilts I make. I told my friend who has to have everything perfect that I had decided my quilting is Crooked Line Quilting. Beware there are alot of fakes out there, if the lines are straight you have gotten a forgery. Just quilt for the enjoyment and not the perfection.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:16 AM

It's all about having fun and being creative. It's not a contest. Plus, I bet you're more skillful than you think. We are our own worst critics.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:24 AM

Sometimes we are too critical of our work. It is all beautiful! Don't compare yourself to other peoples work. Yours is just as good. Be proud of what you do!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:30 AM

Perhaps you are too critical of yourself. I try only things I think I can do with my ability. The longer I quilt the better my ability gets, so I continually improve on the type of quilting projects I can do. Keep it up and you will continue to get better.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
No matter how good you are, no matter how experienced you are at ANYTHING at all, there are always going to be those who are better than you at something or anything.

So go on and enjoy what you do. You've heard of the Quilt Police, haven't you? Those are folks who lurk in the darkness and try to drag everyone down to their mental level. Don't let them get you down.

GO on and make anything your heart desires, make it in flaming reds and oranges if that makes you happy. Make it in just plain black with black thread through it if it makes YOU happy.

You'll feel good when you make what you like, when you like, for whom you like, and be sure to make yourself something to love. That's what WE"RE here for, to learn and help others learn.
Well said
Old 09-02-2011, 07:38 AM

Don't let it bother you. I feel the same way and just DO what I can do and make it the best that I can.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:45 AM

Thank you everyone for the encouragment. I intend to keep on keeping on because I love it. I guess it is ok to make wonky quilts...kids dont notice lol.

I love Ramona's idea...thinking maybe the black fabric and black thread might hide all my mistakes...it made me smile TY :)

Margie
Old 09-02-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
No matter how good you are, no matter how experienced you are at ANYTHING at all, there are always going to be those who are better than you at something or anything.

So go on and enjoy what you do. You've heard of the Quilt Police, haven't you? Those are folks who lurk in the darkness and try to drag everyone down to their mental level. Don't let them get you down.

GO on and make anything your heart desires, make it in flaming reds and oranges if that makes you happy. Make it in just plain black with black thread through it if it makes YOU happy.

You'll feel good when you make what you like, when you like, for whom you like, and be sure to make yourself something to love. That's what WE"RE here for, to learn and help others learn.
Amen -- wonderful advice that I try to follow. Thanks
Old 09-02-2011, 07:54 AM

I looked at some of your interests. I also do charity quilting and know the quilts I give get used and loved. I know some of the perfect ones are never touched outside of being art. I'd like to have some that show off skills, but not at the expense of feeling they are used.