Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
If You didn't Have A Dog or Cat‏ >

If You didn't Have A Dog or Cat‏

If You didn't Have A Dog or Cat‏

Old 09-02-2011, 11:06 AM

neighbor ran over my Llasa and he knew he did it on purpose--been 7 years---thought I would never have another pet--well a neighborhood cat adopted me 2 years ago--and I have recently rescued a cairn terrier from its owners (left her out in the storms) NO food, water no safety to hide from storms....BEST THING I DID!!! SHe is wonderful and she and Cat hit it off immediately---Of course I am at their beckon call--But I LOVE IT!!! We ALL take walks morning, after work, 2 in the evenings...and as small as she is---she LOVES to play with my DIL Great Danes!!! and she has "4"
PETS ARE GREAT!!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:20 AM

You are a very special lady rescuing that little dog. I think there should be very high fines for people that abuse animals, no matter what the abuse is. I would rescue every dog if I had the room and the money. There is no excuse to abuse any animal.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Power Poster

I could go away for a weekend without worry but I wouldn't have had extensive training in opening doors on command (miau) or heading to the cabinet and pull out treats on a look and a wag command. lol I wouldn't ever turn over at night and have a mouth full of cat butt. I would not have to douse fur and home in Nature's Miracle in the middle of the night. How boring would my life be!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:23 PM

I too consider hair to be a part of my wardrobe and I wouldn't have it any other way. We'd be lost without the house princess.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Maride
Thanks for posting this. Just today I received a letter from my landlord telling us to get rid of the dog or else. We had Cow for years and he knew it. Little that he knows I know my rights and wrote him a letter that will leave him wishing he never said that. If he is ready for court, so am I and with the upper hand. I love Cow too much. He is our babysitter, blood sugar meter for DH, bed warmer and our baby.
Is he a service dog? Sock it to your landlord if you can. It ticks me off that landlords try and do that when they know that you have had a dog living there for some time.

We have 3 dogs and 1 grand dog living with us. Dog hair is part of my daily wear. I don't get these people who don't have a pet in their lives, I don't know if I could live without that undconditional love.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:49 PM

LOL Love it! I have 2 cats and a dog, and couldn't imagian my house with out them. We treat them like kids. Then again since we don't have childeren, they ARE our kids!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by akrogirl
Love it! We have six dogs and five cats, and can relate to everything in the original post, lol.
I have 2 catsk one dog and a parakeet
Old 09-03-2011, 06:37 AM

THat is great! Thank you for sharing!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:23 AM

My dogs are my best friends. When my DH was alive we would joke about never getting divorced because it would be a big battle for who the dogs would go with! :):) I still have the magnet on the fridge that says; "We stay together for the dogs" :) We always had 2 and I still have 2. Different ones but 2. They are great company for me and when I am at work they keep each other company. It tramatizes me more than it does them if I have to board them. The last time I had to go away for work for a few days I cried on the way to the kennel. When they saw where we were they ran right in to see who their neighbors were :):) I would rather be alone and have my pups than have someone in my life that isnt a dog lover.
Thank you for posting this! It is sooooo true!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by redkimba
I could sleep as late as I wanted without my cat deciding that 6 am on a Sunday is late enough....

(but my life would be a lot more boring without my cats)
You do sleep late. I have 2 inside cats and 5 outside cats ( who's mom adopted us when she was carring the 4 kittens) Breakfast starts with the inside cats first and then we get the kittens ( even the mom is a kitten herself) food ready as they are all at the back door now singing for thier food. Life is great even if it starts at 3:30 a.m. After that we get our coffee and food then go bike riding in Myakka River state park and by 8 am I'm ready to start sewing but first I must let Frack know that we must share the sewing machine today.