Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do Quilters Have Fewer Divorces? >

Do Quilters Have Fewer Divorces?

Do Quilters Have Fewer Divorces?

Old 09-02-2011, 12:33 PM

All you quilters are so funny. One time he thought I was not sending enough,he know I was spending cash.Mary
Old 09-02-2011, 01:37 PM

Divorced since 2001, married 21 years, quilted almost the whole time. Got tired of storing fabrics "wherever" and in garbage bags, so after the divorce I bought a house with a room for my crafts....quilting and more. Never would have had that luxury with him.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:50 PM

I'm married 20 years. But, in my quilting circle 50% of my friends are divorced and 50% never divorced. I think it's about the national average....just like what's appearing here on the board.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:25 PM

Of course it's because we've been strung along and we're tied together by our heart strings!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:07 PM

Been married 50 years. Life is much easier now. He just recently talked me into buying a long arm. I was the one who was hesitant. He has never questioned how much I spend on material or gadgets, etc. We moved into a much larger house 3 years ago and I now have a fairly large room for my sewing stuff with a walk-in closet, a bathroom and even a mini fridge and TV. Thought of getting a micro-wave and then I could even fix my meal there. He is a great help getting the quilt on the frame and anything in the mechanical or construction line. He now is talking about getting me a new, faster computer. He is certainly a KEEPER.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by sguillot
I totally agree with you. I have always worked because I am 18 years younger than he but he was my hero and inspiration. He encouraged my quilting, even bought me a long arm quilting machine but often teased about all the fabric I bought. After he passed away my machine went untouched and sometimes I couldn't bare to even look at my stash. Now I am taking classes again and getting back to it and find I even love it more because of his encouragement and patience.
Originally Posted by Normacharlie
My husband is deceased but he never questioned what I bought or why, it was our money not his, whether I worked or not! He was a true gem and I miss him everyday. Trust me if all husbands were as patient with their wives (not other people) there wouldn't be divorces.
WOW! Same here, looks like all the good ones pass away
:cry:
Old 09-02-2011, 06:58 PM

Not in my case. My quilts didn't stop infidelity, even after 34 years.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:15 PM

I was divorced twice in my young 20's. Finally found the 3rd one and we have been together for 34 years. We respect each other & ea have our own hobbies. He encourages me in every way with my hobby (quilting) and helps me anytime I need it. Insisted we buy a LA and he uses it. He always asks when shopping for fabric, "Are you sure you are getting enough?" He is an enabler. LOL But I love the guy and think we have this down well. I just pray that we have many many years together to enjoy life. Yes he does have a brother but he is a Pig! LOL
Old 09-02-2011, 11:28 PM

quilting saved me.....after 30 years, 7 children, and 10 grandchildren (at the time), he walks out. My daughters saved my quilting equipment, i was giving up. Those happily married, you deserve happiness, and may you have many more years, together. Now, 17 grandchildren and 12 great-grandchildren later, I am blessed with them and my quilting. Thank you daughters!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:34 PM

Maybe we are just as good at picking mates as we are at buying fabric. lol.