Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-02-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
Yes here I am in my place with my bright shiney face! Thanks for that little memory

I did pretty good for August with a 5 pound loss. Yea me!

I have a problem. I call it the "Witching hours" from 5 to 7 pm i am really hungry and will eat anything I can get my hands on and then regret it. If I can get though those 2 hours I'm good. Does this happen to anyone else?
I have to work really hard to stay out of the Kitchen at this time. I manage somedays but others ugh!

Lisa
Lisa, I have the Witching hours too. I am good all day but really have to fight with myself not to eat during those two hours. If I would just eat a good meal and leave it at that, i would be OK...but not me. Just because it's 5 o'clock doesn't mean we have to eat. I went for years....dinner on the table at 5.... Now that I am by myself I really fight those two hours. If the weather permits, I take a walk during that time. But it is just too hot during that time here in Louisiana, so I spend some time in my sewing room.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
oldcottontop, You just made my day. I have to sing that song to my dogs every morning. They truly will not leave the bed until I do. I experimented one day - they waited two hours before I gave in. Now I've added, 'This is the day the Lord has made, let us be glad and rejoice in it'. I have to be touching both of them all this time. I've created monsters from neglected rescue dogs. Were you a Girl Scout leader? I'm sure that's where I learned that little song.

I bought a South Beach Diet book for a quarter yesterday. I think Dr Agatston is on the right track for me. I truly enjoy high protein/low carb as long as I can have non starchy vegetables. Ice cream and peaches will be there when I'm slim - though fresh Red Havens won't. Whoops, no whining allowed.

Step away from unhealthy choices, Step toward a better life. I like your rewording, MJ.

Have a clean eating day. Judy
Nope, never was a girl scout leader....but I was in Girl Scouts. Years, years ago (late 60) I worked with an older lady.....well I was very young and she seemed old....and she used to come in the door at work singing that song. We all new when Mary arrived.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:08 PM

Good morning all. Started this month at 157#, had a small drop of just under a half pound this morning so feel like a good start. Hop to keep it up.
Lisa I have the same problem with evening snack attack cravings. I have started a GFG to keep my hands busy and it seems to help. I also put all those things that I seem to crave wrapped up very securely so I have to make an effort to get to them. I feel like a little kid with no control to have to play tricks on myself. But if it works them it's worth it.
MJ how are you? My mother in law had the same thing and she lived a long time with it so keep looking forward to each day, none of us know how many we have so we just do the best each day and welcome each sunrise with renewed hope. Keeping you in my prayers as always.
oldcottentop, we used to sing that song each morning in first grade just before or after the pledge. I don't think they do those things in school anymore.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:15 PM

When I started this yesterday my DH tolda me he would try to help any way he could. This is the way he helps..............Today he made bacon. I absolutely LOVE bacon. I could eat a whole pound at one time. Anyway, the whole house smelled like yummy bacon and THEN he calls me in to the kitchen and says........"you want a bite".....He is just down right MEAN!!!!!! He didn't see the problem.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Good morning all. Started this month at 157#, had a small drop of just under a half pound this morning so feel like a good start. Hop to keep it up.
Lisa I have the same problem with evening snack attack cravings. I have started a GFG to keep my hands busy and it seems to help. I also put all those things that I seem to crave wrapped up very securely so I have to make an effort to get to them. I feel like a little kid with no control to have to play tricks on myself. But if it works them it's worth it.
MJ how are you? My mother in law had the same thing and she lived a long time with it so keep looking forward to each day, none of us know how many we have so we just do the best each day and welcome each sunrise with renewed hope. Keeping you in my prayers as always.
oldcottentop, we used to sing that song each morning in first grade just before or after the pledge. I don't think they do those things in school anymore.
Sorry I didn't get that we reported our weight. Okay here goes 287. Oh well none of you can see me anyway. My fur son, Paws, is much prettier than I am.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:30 PM

Bares, I don't think you have to tell your weight if you don't want to. I fess up just to make myself accountable but I don't know if that works or not.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by BARES
Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Sorry I didn't get that we reported our weight. Okay here goes 287. Oh well none of you can see me anyway. My fur son, Paws, is much prettier than I am.
You don't have to report your weight, for myself, I do to keep me honest and to help my memory. When I sleep I forget things, and I update my ticker each week no matter where my weight is...
I hope that explains a little better...
Old 09-02-2011, 01:56 PM

If it is not to late i would like to join in on this also. I love the quilting board and how friendly everyone is.

I have so many reasons to lose the weight and am re-learning how to do it. I am 33 years old - who used to live a very-very active lifestyle (sports, firefighting, etc) An ankle injury (12 years ago) slowed me way down and 5 years ago I had my son and the hormones during pregnancy caused a huge flair up of an auto-immune arthritic condition that I was diagnosed with, finally, two years ago. All that packed on the pounds and now I have just over 100 pounds to lose.

Just today I joined Weight Watchers to try to learn how to do it. I also am in physical therapy - I finally had my ankle fixed this summer, and I take the water arthritis class at the YMCA. So hopefully with proper eating habits I can get back to a healthy weight.

Everyone on the board has been so supportive as I learn to quilt that I am hoping that support will also help with the weight loss.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:03 PM

I'm a day past the 1st, but would like to sign on.Need to lose 30pds & it doesn't get easier as we (I) get older! The slow/steady eating to lose plan works best for me.Trying to get up the nerve to shock our scales....so to know the starting point.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:04 PM

How do you get the little chart that says how many pounds you have to go loaded to show up when posting?