Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-02-2011, 02:54 PM

I went to myfitnesspal.com & signed up, but not sure how you get the tracker.

Originally Posted by amymarieski
How do you get the little chart that says how many pounds you have to go loaded to show up when posting?
Old 09-02-2011, 03:30 PM

I am not sure how to get the weight loss ticker but I clicked on someone elses and went to the website and followed the steps and it appeared on my posts. I flunked computers so it must have been easy. I don't remember the details.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat

How do you get the little chart that says how many pounds you have to go loaded to show up when posting?

Welcome to all the new challengers this month.

After you log into MyFitnessPal, click on Tools at the top and then choose weight loss ticker and just follow the steps. They also have a very good food and exercise log. The food log takes some getting used to but after you use it for a while, it does get easier.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by BARES
Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Good morning all. Started this month at 157#, had a small drop of just under a half pound this morning so feel like a good start. Hop to keep it up.
Lisa I have the same problem with evening snack attack cravings. I have started a GFG to keep my hands busy and it seems to help. I also put all those things that I seem to crave wrapped up very securely so I have to make an effort to get to them. I feel like a little kid with no control to have to play tricks on myself. But if it works them it's worth it.
MJ how are you? My mother in law had the same thing and she lived a long time with it so keep looking forward to each day, none of us know how many we have so we just do the best each day and welcome each sunrise with renewed hope. Keeping you in my prayers as always.
oldcottentop, we used to sing that song each morning in first grade just before or after the pledge. I don't think they do those things in school anymore.
Sorry I didn't get that we reported our weight. Okay here goes 287. Oh well none of you can see me anyway. My fur son, Paws, is much prettier than I am.
LOL,We don't care what we look like.I started out at 250 pounds myself.I now am 157,and no saggy skin.Took 4 yrs,but am in no hurry.Besides,this is a weight loss thread,and we need each other to spur us on.I lost mine on TV dinners and green salads.So,your in the right spot.We'll help you get yours off too,and every body else who needs it.Welcome to the group all new losers!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:20 PM

I wanted to jump in and mention that when I started this journey more than 18 months ago I weighed almost 500 pounds and I am now at 382. Yes, true, I did have weight loss surgery but it is more about what I am putting in my mouth than what my band is doing in my stomach. Anyway, I think we are all beautiful and on the occasional time that I post a picture of myself NO ONE has ever said a bad thing about me. This is a great group of people and I could never thank y'all enough for the support and love I have received since I joined this group about a year ago.

Stay encouraged! We are all on different parts of our journeys but having each other to support and love is awesome and essential to our success.

Love y'all!

Missy
Old 09-02-2011, 04:33 PM

I totally understand what you mean about snacking like crazy after dinner. I can eat perfectly all day and then after dinner I'm starving. I save my snack for the day for then, and try to make it a healthy snack. I also have that desert flavored gum which helps keep my mouth busy. LOL

Today I have stuck to the plan so far and had some healthy food. I had a chicken salad for lunch with black beans, which was nice. I'm still missing regular sodas but I know they are bad for me.

It's really encouraging to know I'm not the only one who struggles with this too.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:47 PM

I went to myfitnesspal.com & signed up, but not sure how you get the tracker.Will try now....

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Old 09-02-2011, 04:51 PM

I found the tracker & put it on one post.Do you need to put it on every post you make? I must not be doing it right.

[quote=oldcottontop]

Welcome to all the new challengers this month.

After you log into MyFitnessPal, click on Tools at the top and then choose weight loss ticker and just follow the steps. They also have a very good food and exercise log. The food log takes some getting used to but after you use it for a while, it does get easier.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:54 PM

Hi, just want to say to all losers, I am happy to be part of the group. I just joined, but looking forward to the time I can say I made it.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:05 PM
elm

Finally got in to the right page. I'm in Chicago on vacation and couldn't remember my password for either of my e-mail accounts. Makes it very difficult to communicate. Mixed day as far as diet is concerned. Very hot here, but I still walked around for quite a while. The architecture is incredible. keep thinking of how I could do an art quilt. Hope the amount of walking I did cancelled the tomato herb bread I ate at dinner.