Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Alto's Quilt Cut 2 >

Alto's Quilt Cut 2

Alto's Quilt Cut 2

Old 09-27-2010, 08:57 PM

I have both the Alto and the go and I love them both. They are totally different.
The Altos is a cutting mat with slides that hold your fabric tight for you and a ruler that runs across the fabric plus the mat has inch markings on it.
I is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You can also just use it for a cutting mat I have had mine for years. I also have the carrying case and it is heavy fabric with a zipper all around. My problems is that the puppys chewed on the zipper and wreaked it.
The go uses cutting dies and is great for those hard shapes that are used for appy. But it does seem to use alot of fabric for your shapes. I have the critter with the dragonfly and ladybug and I for got the other shape so it is great for shapes like that .
I have had the Altos for about 12 years and it is still going strong. The company and carol is great they are great about replacing a broken part that I broke.
kjym Kathy
Old 09-27-2010, 09:21 PM

I just talked to Carol last Friday regarding an video I bought that was a duplicate of one I had and she said she would exchange it for credit or send me the money back in exchange for the video. No questions asked. Great customer service.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:18 AM

I recently bought the AQ Cut 2 because it is similar to my DH's mat board cutter, which he said was the best purchase he ever made. I love the AQ Cut 2 as much as he loves his cutter! Love the fact I don't have to keep buying any expensive dies. As a lefty I also love that it was easy to adapt for me to use.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:29 AM

If you ever get to take a Quilt Class from Carol Bledsoe from Altos. Do so. She is a wonderful teacher. I learned so much from her. She is really good about returning emails if you have a problem...
Old 12-05-2010, 12:22 PM

I love mine! I have had it for many years now and it is the exclusive cutting device I use at home. I don't cart it around to classes so still have a mat and rulers for that. I found a microwave table that someone had made at a local thrift store for $35 and the Alto just fits on the top! It is the right height and it is on wheels so I can move it as needed. Best of all worlds! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :P
Old 02-05-2011, 09:01 AM

I just cut a quilt out with mine. It only took one day and I love it. First time I've used it. Have a bad shoulder and it didn't even hurt after using it.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:03 AM

I have an Alto's as well. I bought the original from a gal on QB....had some trouble with it slipping when I made cuts so upgraded to the QC2. Then had an another issue with it and called the company in eastern WA. They were most helpful! They corrected problem with only shipping charges to me. Fast, friendly, and excellent customer service!
Now I just need to perfect using it! LOL
Old 09-03-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by DebsShelties
Originally Posted by IBQLTN
Is the Quilt Cut 2 adaptable to a lefty? I just watched the manufacturer's video and it didn't mention left handed cutting.

I thought the Go was what i wanted but now I'm not so sure. Although I do have arthritis in my hands which is why I was considering the GO but the GO requires some strength to use.

At this point in my life I cannot afford either BUT I at least want to 'dream' in the right direction. Maybe I'll get to spend my bonus this year for something other than medical bills!
YES you can have it either right or left handed. It comes set up for right handed, but with a quick turn of a screwdriver and moving one bar to the opposite side, it becomes Left Handed.
Thanks for that info....I am always amazed that in this day and age, tools are not always flexible for the lefties as well...
Old 09-03-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99
Originally Posted by davis2se
Okay - this is gonna drive me nuts!! I've been online looking for this product, and all I get are either web sites selling musical instruments, or websites claiming "We have Alto's QuiltCut 2", and they DON'T!!!! I am the quilting worlds WORST cutter, and will pay anything it takes to get a system that helps me cut more accurately. Does anyone have a website address, or phone number for the company that sells these. I GOTTA see this thing. Thanks!!!
Try this link:
http://www.quiltcut.com/
I feel your pain...I am putting it on my wish list...
Old 09-03-2011, 11:59 AM
Banned

I am interested in buying one if someone would like to get rid of theirs or they don't like it or use it.
Just PM me and I will get back with you.
I already PMed cgroark about her's.
Thank You