Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-03-2011, 12:44 PM

everybody sounds on track! i am trying to get some blocks done for last month's boomerang, and i'm just not feeling it. grrrrrrr. i'm annoyed with myself for procrastinating, and continuing to procrastinate. doubt the quilt fairy will float in and do them! and i love doing them, too. what is wrong with me?
Old 09-03-2011, 01:00 PM

There are lots of plans but we've learned as we go along too.I did a life style change as I knew the hardest part was keeping the weight off.A lot of us yo yo ed and just gained more weight.I been watching a lot of you-tube video's this past month on losing weight and have learned a bunch about how we get there and how to get it off.Ellen Mcauley's channel is Pray It Off,and she's funny and tells some funny stories about her life.We all can relate to her,she's a mom and teaches a weight loss class.She kept me in stitches while watching her video's.I learned a lot from her,she goes over all the diets out there.Another one I watched and I think the best one to start with is Steve Turano on the Body Performance u-tube channel.He is a fitness trainer and gets down to the nitty gritty of how our body works and how to get fat off and keep it off.He has over 200 video's on nothing but weight loss.So,I'd recomend him also.If you watch these 2 channels video's of which are all on nothing but losing weight,you'll learn more about what works and what doesn't.A lot of people want to lose weight,but don't know how to do it healthy,and stay with it no matter what.If we slip,I have many times,Get back up and just keep going.That's how I got down to 157 from 250 was by keep going even if I gained weight,of which I did,I caught it and got back on.I been at a stand still now for 2 months I think.Not gaining,but not losing either.Been hotter than heck here,so am hoping the weather will lighten up a bit.I am going to start a new plan today.I been on TV dinners and a green salad for the past 4 yrs,and is portion control,and healthy.And has worked great.But I need a change now or something to kick it up a notch.So am going on spirutien for 3 weeks,then more vegan with cooked vegies as well as raw ones,cause I do like my foods cooked somewhat.At least aladente.So am hoping that will get me the rest of the way home to where I need to be.I have tried and am trying new things all the time.We can't be complacent and keep doing what we did to get us fat in the first place.It didn't work.I love ice cream etc too,but can't have them.Or if I do,it's a small cone and not a bowl.Moderation is the key.Anyway,please watch these channels on utube to help you out.I watched them late at night a few at a night.But came here too during the day off and on.This is a great group of people who do really care about you.It's nice to have this thread to get to know one another on a more personal basis.I know we're all going to lose a ton of weight this month.I know I'm going to give it my best shot.Good luck!and never give up,and 3 pounds a month does add up.Look at me!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2011, 01:19 PM

Thank you for the info to watch Xylie55, I'm going to watch some of those later this evening. It's really inspiring that you keep going, I know I've been bad about giving up if I mess up. It's hard to get back on the horse again.

What sort of snacks do you guys eat that aren't too bad?
Old 09-03-2011, 01:43 PM

OK, I'm gonna try and add the weight loss ticker...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Old 09-03-2011, 01:49 PM

water, fresh veggie sticks, shredded wheat mini's, pretzels, popcorn, rice cakes, fingernails and sugarless gum that tastes like key lime pie, almost forgot- fat free pudding cups and small fruit pieces( or pieces of small fruits) 8)
Old 09-03-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by marscrafter
Thank you for the info to watch Xylie55, I'm going to watch some of those later this evening. It's really inspiring that you keep going, I know I've been bad about giving up if I mess up. It's hard to get back on the horse again.

In summer when fresh veggies & fruit are around,I often have fruit or veggie sticks with red pepper hummus.If I have cake or cookies,the cake is a very small piece & cookies are held to 2-3 with 1/2 cup of skim milk.A square of chocolate,pretzels or baked chips are good. I make my own 100 cal packs of chips & pretzels.....& have cut up candy bars.I like the portion control of LF ice cream bars & cups.Can't use artifical sweetners due to migranes.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by marscrafter

I know it gets frusterating at times,but we can't give up.I've seen some who didn't lose it fast enough,and gave up.It's not a race,it's a way of life.MJ our leader here says it takes 21 days to make or break a habit,so we have to give it time to work.It will work,if we work the plan.Which ever plan you do.Lynn did the 17 day diet.Mine is like the jenny craig meals only way cheap,I buy mine at walmart at $2.50 each,and now split it w/my hubby as we also have a green tossed salad,so is plenty for us.When we 1st started out 4 yrs ago,we both ate 1 meal each.But now we can't eat it all,so split one.It's worked great for me and I don't have to count calories.It's easy to do.It's not for everybody,but can start you out on the portion control.Our blood work has been spot on too now for 4 yrs where before it wasn't at all.My dr and the girls are really interested in how I'm doing it and so I tell them too.And they are doing it too now.I like vegetable soup and generally in the winter have a pot of that so I can eat it throught out the day.There is just lots of tips and tricks that between us all here on the board,we will learn from each other.Plus it's just nice to know your not alone in your strugling as we all are struggling to get it off.It doesn't just fall off any of us.We have to be diligent and work hard at it,but it does have a great pay off.At 250 I couldn't bend over to tie my shoes,had to wear slip ons and stretch pants.Now I wear tenise shoes and levy's,and actually have a rib cage.So even tho it's 4 yrs,it won't take most of you that long,as I fell off a lot along the way,so am getting there.If I can do it,you can too....Good luck.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:01 PM

They have new snacks out now made up of sweet potatoes that are great.Look for snacks in the vegan area too that are natural and low to no fat.I am not a vegetarian,I love my steak too much.I snack on apples and vegies too.And cheese.I love cheese,sorry.And dill pickles,but watch if you can't have sodium.If you do the south beach diet,you can have UNLIMITED quantities of what the plan says you can eat.UNLIMITED!!But you can ONLY eat what's on for those phases that your in.Ok.I'm going to throw out a challenge this month,as I haven't done one AND need to.I'm doing a 5 pound challenge this month.I'm challenging all of you to a 5 pound loss.That's only 1.25 pounds a week.I didn't lose any last month,so need a challenge.If I got a goal,I work harder.So,lets do a 5 pound challenge,who's in?I'm in!Karen?how bout you?who else?
Old 09-03-2011, 03:20 PM

Here is another member of my family,
MoMo

No, I didn't name him. My neighbor did, then dumped him on us. We love him.

the couch was eaten by MoMo
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251112[/ATTACH]

me and my brother today
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251113[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-251106.jpe
Views:	10
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	251112   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-251107.jpe
Views:	15
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	251113  
Old 09-03-2011, 03:22 PM

I'm in for that! This month is not starting out well for me (can you say oink?!) and 5 pounds would be great.

Nancy

Originally Posted by Xylie55
I'm doing a 5 pound challenge this month.I'm challenging all of you to a 5 pound loss.That's only 1.25 pounds a week.I didn't lose any last month,so need a challenge.If I got a goal,I work harder.So,lets do a 5 pound challenge,who's in?I'm in!Karen?how bout you?who else?