Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-03-2011, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
Went to quilt show in Harrogate and picked up a few things for my SP. Was determined to stick to my list of things that I needed (I DONT need fabric) Managed to get all the things that I needed fairly quickly. Then i looked at the magnificent quilts on display; then i took part in an Invisible machine applique workshop (fabulous) but then I still had two hours to kill til the bus was going to leave so what could I do???? I really didn't buy that much fabric honest.

Will be making something for my Sp tomorrow and then will need some sweets and can send out on Monday, am going to see if I can come up with some useful clues without giving the game away too early.

Eileen
I'll believe you Eileen, but I am not sure about the others on here. Glad to hear you had a good day. That workshop sounds interesting.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by Krystyna
Trying to behave myself, but I cannot.

So, as I was catching up and reading all the stuff about allergies, I noticed that no one was allergic to rattle snakes or spiders... :mrgreen:

Now where are my traps and nets ...
Krystyna, Krystyna, I have missed you so much. Can you bring your traps and nets here - some idiot wants to set up a snake centre in the middle of town - we only have one native snake, the adder, and a pseudo snake - the grass snake.

We need you! ;)

Hmmm I got loads of water here too, in the sink, in the toilet, in the shower and in the washing machine. There was some in the kettle but we drank it!
Sorry to say, I am actually terrified of snakes, all reptiles and spiders, too. Not too fond of worms either, but a necessary evil both in the garden and on the end of a fishing hook.

Off to pick up that fabric and four looms. What the heck am I going to do with four looms???
I can help you with both those problems. I have got my qualifications and am registered. Just a little therapy and you will feel a lot better.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
I went shopping today for my SP. I picked up a couple of things for her. I also got her a package of Lindt Lindor Truffles. I hope she likes them.
I love Lindor Truffles...
Old 09-03-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
That is one of the ones I am doing tomorrow, along with Jefferson. We only got five of them done the day the three of us went. So Marlys left her passport with me to finish hers too. I took my son the other day and went to the Warren & Niles ones, and DH is going with me tomorrow. Are they worth the drive? Well other than winning the sewing machine lol!
I just finished this shop hop on Thursday. I liked the Quilt Parlor in Albion. She was so nice and her cat was a cutie.
Enjoyed all the shops but especially my favorite Cottonpickers in Chardon.
Hope we both are lucky enough to win something!
Old 09-03-2011, 03:12 PM

Im north..this could be me

Edit: didnt quote reply. Guess im tired.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Here ia a note I got from wandercreek, she said it was ok to share with all of you.

Hi Lori,
Sorry that I have been out of touch for so long but things have not been going well with my mom. They have told us 4 times now to have the family get to the hospital as she won't make it through the night and then she does better for a few days. I have been at the hospital constantly since she was admitted and when not there I have been at my dad's house. He is taking this very hard and I am afraid I am going to lose both of them in a very short period of time. My dad has always had someone to look after him, first his mom and then my mom and can't look after himself. He can't cook or anything and since I am the only one not working it is all up to me. My sister finally agreed to help out so that I could come home for the weekend and see my daughter and grandson and get some stuff done at my house. My daughter called me yesterday and said I received 2 packages in the mail and was very surprised when I came home today and opened them. One was from an angel (Koko) and the other was from my secret pal for July (Tussy Mussy). It took forever but finally arrived although the packaging was a little damaged and it had been put into a clear bag by the po! Maybe that is why it took so long to get here. Now I am concerned that I received a package from an angel and also received my original package. I will be sending them both emails shortly and am trying to find my camera so that I can take pictures. What should I do about the angel package since my original package did show up? I'll tell you it was a wonderful way to get a little cheer in what has been a very trying time for me. I have not touched my quilting since the end of June with moving and it may be some time before I can get back to it with what is going on with my parents and I really miss it. Please let me know what to do about the second package. Thanks so much for your understanding,
Rose
Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this difficult time...

What to do with your second package? Enjoy it of course. There are no coincidences in life - it was meant to arrive when it did from an angel just for you whether you received your original package or not.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:22 PM

Oh my! Gone for half a day and I come back to three plus pages, alas, none of the clues sound like me (or you Brenda,lol). I am sure someone is just holding out on me. Mary, is it you?? :mrgreen: Or it could be Soniboo, she hasn't posted on here yet, but it is definitely not siki or Robyn :mrgreen:

Krystana, good to have you back, I thought of you during Irene. As a matter of fact, that Friday we drove north of I-95 heading to Boston, it was something racing her, lol.

Ok, now who has Florida? Many of us are awaiting clues.
Ah, thelondonzoo, how east is your package going? All the way east???

Sue, good to have you back, you are in full stalking mode I see, where is YOUR package going????
:mrgreen:
Old 09-03-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
I went shopping today for my SP. I picked up a couple of things for her. I also got her a package of Lindt Lindor Truffles. I hope she likes them.
I would LOVE them ;)
Old 09-03-2011, 03:29 PM

I got 2 secret pals this month. One lives in the state I was born in (not the one I live in) and the other lives in a state that I drove through to get to the state I was visiting.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by skaduzy
Originally Posted by lauriejo
That is one of the ones I am doing tomorrow, along with Jefferson. We only got five of them done the day the three of us went. So Marlys left her passport with me to finish hers too. I took my son the other day and went to the Warren & Niles ones, and DH is going with me tomorrow. Are they worth the drive? Well other than winning the sewing machine lol!
I just finished this shop hop on Thursday. I liked the Quilt Parlor in Albion. She was so nice and her cat was a cutie.
Enjoyed all the shops but especially my favorite Cottonpickers in Chardon.
Hope we both are lucky enough to win something!
Just finished this afternoon for me and Marlys! The Quilt Parlor is really cute, but no cat :( I think my favorite was either Designers Two (such great novelty fabric) or Quilting B's in Cortland (not actually on the hop, we just passed by it). Keeping my fingers crossed!