Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-03-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Here is another member of my family,
MoMo

No, I didn't name him. My neighbor did, then dumped him on us. We love him.
Oh,I love him.I use to have 3 of them.And loved them to pieces.They wern't dogs really,as they were too spoilt.They went everywhere I went!
Old 09-03-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by amBoo
I'm in for that! This month is not starting out well for me (can you say oink?!) and 5 pounds would be great.

Nancy

Originally Posted by Xylie55
I'm doing a 5 pound challenge this month.I'm challenging all of you to a 5 pound loss.That's only 1.25 pounds a week.I didn't lose any last month,so need a challenge.If I got a goal,I work harder.So,lets do a 5 pound challenge,who's in?I'm in!Karen?how bout you?who else?
Great,it will just give us a boost.Every month except the last 2 I have had goals for the month/and I haven't lost any the last 2 months either.So,it will give us something to work towards.And even if we only do 2 or 3 pounds,that's still great.At least we got something off.And you X that by 10 months,well that's 30 pounds,50 pounds off.So each pound does add up quickly.Anybody else??????? How bout you nancia? lets get your ticker to moving up.I'd like to see 15 pounds on your ticker by the end of the month.I'd like to see mine reach the 100 pond mark.Now that would be a huge milestone for me to meet.Pitiful.I'm only 7 pounds away,and just can't do it.Must be a mental block.But am determined to break it this month!I still have 25 or more pounds to go and am at a stand still.So need others to join in to spur us on.......
Old 09-03-2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Here is another member of my family,
MoMo

No, I didn't name him. My neighbor did, then dumped him on us. We love him.
MJ,you look great.You look like you've lost more weight.I'm glad you got another doggy.Pets need a good home,and I'm sure yours are spoilt too.I know all mina are.Their rotten.Even the cats are spoilt rotten.They know what time it is even.Sometimes they scare me,their too smart.I got one that likes to run across the phone and make it beep.She thinks that's funny.I don't!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:01 PM

Ooh, I didn't know Jenny Craig had meals you could buy at the grocery store! Great information!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Guess I'm going to have to figure out how to get the ticker automatically at the end of the message...
Old 09-03-2011, 04:19 PM

Xylie, I'll join in on your 5-pound challenge. I'm hoping to lose 8-10 this month but knowing there is a mini-support group for the first 5 pounds will help a lot. I'm already down 1 pound this month and really need to keep the momentum going. Thanks for getting this started. :-)
Old 09-03-2011, 04:41 PM
mim

I think I sort of blew it tonite at dinner -- There was a great sale at one of the major grocery stores -- lobster at $2.00 off a pound. DH and I haven't had any all summer. And this is sweet corn season.

So boiled lobster in melted butter with 2 ears of frest corn -- with lots of butter and salt (naturally). The funny thing is that I didn't know how to cook it !!! I had to go on the internet. LOL

We have 2 lobsters left so I am looking up receipes -- that hopefully won't be floating in butter. I guess I won't be losing any this week. But it was a treat -- and I only ate one -- not 2

So I think of it as that 1 slice of bacon treat.

Mim

Living on the shore in Maine has local treats -- like so many other parts of the country.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:02 PM

MJ, you look good - much smaller in the rib area.

Animals are smarties. When we leaving to go walking, Lily looked at me and yodeled, not an excited one, but more the type that I get if I try to put Moira's harness on her. She did it again. I finally looked to see what she was seeing. I hadn't changed my shoes. My little nurse knew I needed to do that in order to walk as far as she wanted to go.

I have a prescription for a PSD, but I don't know which one I'd designate if I lived where I could only have one. Lily is a good caretaker, but Moira makes me laugh.

Here's Lilygirl. 56 pounds of Siberian/Shiba Inu. I tried to resize the picture, but it came back large. Sorry. She is a little more filled out now, but she looks the same. A pretty girl. Who put her in a dumpster when she a year old?

Oh, well, here's 'Ri baby, too. A very small 34 pound Border Collie/Lab. Such an imp.

Liliana Grace
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251179[/ATTACH]

Moira Mae
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251189[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-251173.jpe
Views:	9
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	251179   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-251183.jpe
Views:	13
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	251189  
Old 09-03-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by amymarieski
OK, I'm gonna try and add the weight loss ticker...

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
woohoo SUCCESS!