Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost Quilt! >

Lost Quilt!

Lost Quilt!

Old 09-03-2011, 06:25 PM

I always pay the few cents ($.70 here) extra to get a tracking # on every package. I am not good at 'having faith' in the post office, I guess.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:50 PM

I'm so glad that it showed up. Guess the weather slowed it down some. Sometimes things just take a little longer. It's nice to have a happy ending. I'll bet she loves the quilt. Did you take a picture of it? Can you post one here?
Old 09-04-2011, 03:00 AM

Did it have a return address on it? If the quilt came loose from the box, did the quilt have any kind of label to say where the quilt was going too? Did you have insurance or any kind of tracking information on the box? I would call the post office where you mailed it from, give them the address where it was going to, and a detail description of the item you have lost. If it was a small post office, check and see where they ship it to, and call them yourself) They should know where the item would be shipped from (location to location) and something that big should be something they can find. I work for USPS in Florida, packages bust open, and if you do not know what box they came out of, you can't send it on, not unless you have something on the item to let us know. I do hope you find your lost quilt. I myself would be sick if I found one loose in the mail and could not get it to it's destination. or back to the sender. Did the mailman deliver it and someone else could have gotten the box?
Old 09-04-2011, 03:03 AM
tmg

Hope it will show up. So sorry to here about that.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:04 AM

Don't give up on it yet. If it was not safe to ship it to MD due to the hurricane, it is more than likely sitting some where waiting to be shipped out to MD. Mail gets backed up if it can't go anywhere, and is probably stuck somewhere. It will get there...
Old 09-04-2011, 03:24 AM

So happy that it finally showed up !!!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:34 AM

My lost quilt is on lost quilt.com try it, you never know.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:48 PM

Oh, what a terrible thing to happen to you, and at such a bad time in her life. I hope the quilt is found - and soon! Packages don't just disappear (unless they're 'disappeared') Perhaps it went to another town of the same name. Happened to me one time on an airline - they sent our bags to Burlington, MA, instead of Burlington, VT. I'm still trying to figure out how they confused VT with MA, but we did eventually get our bags. Your tracking number is bound to show up sooner or later. Just keep on top of them and don't let them stop looking for it!
Old 09-04-2011, 02:49 PM

I would keep knocking on UPS door until until you get an answer. I really think it will show up. Good luck
Old 09-04-2011, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by bamamama
I made a quilt and sent it to my SIL who is going through Chemo treatments for Ovarian cancer and it appears to be lost. It was suppse to arrive at her house in MD the day the hurricaine hit, and it is still not there. The USPS cannot find any info when trying to track it. Back to the drawing board. I'll have to make her another one!
Is there anything we can do to help you get another one done? Like sending fabric or a block, anything of that nature. What a sad thing to happen. If so I can make a block if you tell me what color scheme.