Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Should I just give up?!?!?!? >

Should I just give up?!?!?!?

Should I just give up?!?!?!?

Old 09-04-2011, 04:08 AM

ok, heres a kinda newbe to this board. These ladies are awesome, they will walk you through the rough times. They also told me sometime ago, don't quit, don't give up! you just gotta try and try again and again. why don't you start small like the doll quilts, the pot holders and such then go to the big quilts!!.
so many times I wanted to quit, my main problem and still is, is binding, but I am getting better and better, mistakes and all. and you can too''so DON''T give up!!
Old 09-04-2011, 04:14 AM

The same thing just happened to me. It is a baby quilt that I tried to quilt myself and am unhappy with the results so I'm going to give it to charity.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:15 AM

The same thing just happened to me. It is a baby quilt that I tried to quilt myself and am unhappy with the results so I'm going to give it to charity. Maybe somebody will buy it for their dog to sleep on.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:28 AM

Just keep on trying. I would not pick all that our. I have done that and boy it is not only time consuming but trying also. Perhaps it will be loved any way. I know my GDs expect mistakes because they know I do it out of love not for perfectness.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:05 AM

As I write, there is an extra large queen size quilt resting beside my chair where I sit and watch TV in the evenings. I have quilted for longer than I care to remember and have a long arm machine. I got more than half of this puppy quilted and decided that the quilting didn't match the quilt. The quilt, beside my chair, will take much of the winter to unstitch but there isn't any hurry. It will eventually get done and I can press the million seams again, put it back onto the machine. <sigh> In the meantime I have other projects going during the day that keep me sane, enjoying my craft. If you aren't happy now, you'll never like that quilt. Just do it, make yourself smile!
Old 09-04-2011, 05:06 AM

As I write, there is an extra large queen size quilt resting beside my chair where I sit and watch TV in the evenings. I have quilted for longer than I care to remember and have a long arm machine. I got more than half of this puppy quilted and decided that the quilting didn't match the quilt. The quilt, beside my chair, will take much of the winter to unstitch but there isn't any hurry. It will eventually get done and I can press the million seams again, put it back onto the machine. <sigh> In the meantime I have other projects going during the day that keep me sane, enjoying my craft. If you aren't happy now, you'll never like that quilt. Just do it, make yourself smile!
Old 09-04-2011, 05:09 AM

SHOW US A PIC!!!!!
PRACTICE PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT :-D :-D
Old 09-04-2011, 05:14 AM

When your heart is sad and you don't want to deal with a project, put it aside for a while. Eventually you will pull it out and deal with it, when your heart can take it. It may take a few months. I know. After three months I took out a 3'x6' quilt I was working on and finally realized why it looked so bad. I had forgotten to include the sashing. I'm working on that as well as a few other projects.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:16 AM

Don't give up! My first 'meandering' quilts had the same problems. It just takes practice and patience. Sandwich some scrap fabric and practice on it - gloves help control the fabric - the key is to move your hands, and the fabric, smoothly and slowly with no 'jerky' moves. I know, easier said than done.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:19 AM

No, don't give up! Keep trying, I'm sure you'll do great!