Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Proposed Georgia QB members Meet Ups >

Proposed Georgia QB members Meet Ups

Proposed Georgia QB members Meet Ups

Old 09-02-2011, 10:05 AM

Im for the one in Nov let me know what weekend
Old 09-02-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by teacherbailey
I'm volunteering at the October show on Saturday but don't know what time yet. Any weekend in November sounds good, and I'm out of town that weekend in September. I'll watch for further posts....May was so much fun!
Since I don't drive on freeways, Intown Quilters is SOOOOOO much better for me than A Scarlet Thread.....looking forward to it! And also, my vote is for a OBW tutorial with help picking out fabrics. Maybe Sarah or the teacher would pick out a few that would work well (different colors and styles/themes) and let us choose from there. That would be so much easier than trying to pick through the entire store! We could take them up for cutting and paying, then bring them back down to do our own cutting and maybe even sewing???? What a productive afternoon it would be!
Old 09-02-2011, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by laalaaquilter
I'm volunteering at the East Cobb show all day Saturday and from 2P - 4P Sunday. Husband is leaving town Monday morning so I need to be home at a reasonable hour on Sunday evening so it looks like Saturday after 6P or any time Friday will be best for me in Sept.

I don't have any plans for October except that I definitely want to go to the show. If I'm working by then it will be Saturday, if not then either Thursday 20th or Friday 21st would be great.

November is entirely open for me and pot luck is great by me. I visited A Scarlet Thread during ShopHop early this year. It is a wonderful store. If that doesn't work out I also enjoyed Quilts N'Fixins in Jonesboro so that might work as an alternate not too very distant.

I'm also a beginner so am interested in learning any techniques. I HATE QST so if someone has a wonderful coping mechanism for those I would LOVE that. I'm going to learn folded fabric Christmas ornaments at a bee this month so if I master that I would be happy to demonstrate (or bring bee queen, crazyredhead, to do so!) ;-)

Jo please lean on me for help. So long as I'm only working two days a week I can do stuff for you while I'm job hunting. I'll PM you my email and cell.

Folded fabric ornaments sound so cute---and easy! Why don't you create a tutorial for them and share with the whole board? I've never seen them on here.....
Old 09-02-2011, 06:57 PM

Jo I am available to help too if you need it. PM me if you are and I will send my information to you.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:29 AM

I'm going to try to make these.. I don't have a schedule yet of what my other obligations may be but I am going to try to attend all events.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:18 PM

I will be at the GA Quilt show and would like to attend if possible the November event. I have the first weekend in November already scheduled.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:08 AM

Wish I lived closer.....calla
Old 10-11-2011, 12:53 PM

what was decided about the ga quilt show meet up. I want to attend both the one it oct and the meet up in nov.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:11 PM

Which day would be better for everyone?

I have plans to be there all three days for parts of the day
Old 10-11-2011, 05:21 PM

I'll be driving a van load of 15 to the show in Deluth on the 22nd. May be able to break away for a bit - our plans aren't final yet. I had the 4th of Nov down - is that still a go at Connecting Threads?