Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Vertigo....interferring with quilting time! HELP >

Vertigo....interferring with quilting time! HELP

Vertigo....interferring with quilting time! HELP

Old 09-04-2011, 09:10 AM

Have been dealing with Benign Positional Vertigo for over two weeks! Have been to 2 doctors, it is suppose to "correct itself" Anyone else deal with this and do you have any suggestions of how to make it go away ! I want to quilt again! Thanks.......
Old 09-04-2011, 09:24 AM

I would try a chiropractor. You'd be amazed at what they can do.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by imcraftee
Have been dealing with Benign Positional Vertigo for over two weeks! Have been to 2 doctors, it is suppose to "correct itself" Anyone else deal with this and do you have any suggestions of how to make it go away ! I want to quilt again! Thanks.......
I had the same thing. My doctor gave me a prescription of diazepam 5 mg; cut them in half and took it once a day. Doctor said it would help me get by until my head had adjusted itself. :lol: It actually only took three days and have never had to take it since then. sure glad of that since I cannot tolerate the vertigo!
Old 09-04-2011, 10:01 AM

I've had vertigo and just had to wait it out. Nothing they gave me ever worked. I had it on an off for years. Thank heavens I haven't had it in quite a while now. It is just miserable. I feel you.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:02 AM

I go to a chiropractor and he helps immediately with my intermittent vertigo.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:59 AM

I suffer BAD vertigo. The only thing that seems to help me is to just stay in bed with my eyes closed. I have motion sickness patches that you put behind your ear that is supposed to help...but they never have helped me. I hope you get rid of it soon. My last bout of vertigo lasted 17 days. Was HORRIBLE.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:15 PM

I've had this also. There are some maneuvers you can do at home that help. Google benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. I had good luck with these.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by imcraftee
My dr told me to take an allergy drug like claritin but i use the store brand and it works! havent had a probem since
Old 09-04-2011, 01:27 PM

I've suffered with that and its horrible so you have my sympathy. there are exercises you can do to shift the crystals in your ear to a better position..(I was shown by a clinical scientist at the hospital how to do it) Just Google BPPV and try the exercises...they do work I promise you!
Its called Epleys maneuver
Old 09-04-2011, 02:34 PM

Thanks,Everyone! It helps to know others have gone through the same thing and gotten over it. The spinning is better, but the dizzy is still here. It seems to come and go. It's worse when I first get up. I have been doing the Eply Maneuver, glad to know it works!(eventually) I'll keep doing it! Have used the patch as well, with some help, at least not as bad, but not gone. Glad I'm not alone, mysery loves company I guess, lol....thanks again!