Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
When do you cry UNCLE!! >

When do you cry UNCLE!!

When do you cry UNCLE!!

Old 09-05-2011, 07:44 AM

Glad you found the book!. I have done the same thing sometimes and swear I am loosing my mind. Have fun making the quilt.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:55 AM

Oh I can relate to this one. I posted a few days ago about fabric I was trying to find. I purchased 2 fat quarters at a yard sale but was unable to find any more online. Long story short, someone was kind enough to direct me to a site that had the fabric so I went back into the sewing room to put the 2 fat quarter's away and alas, there is only one. I've searched high and low, I'm here alone and pretty sure my cat didn't hide it on me.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by seamstome
OMG---It's not 20 minutes after that post and I FOUND the book. It had been in our bedroom because I was reading it and one day I picked it up and "put it away"! I must have been in zombie land because where it was made no sense. It was in my sewing room but it was in a fabric storage bin in the closet covered with fabric that had nothing to do with this book.
This shows you must be my long lost sister in fact if not in life for there are so many times this happens to me. I thought it was senility but have done it all my life so the senior moment excuse doesn't work anymore. I bet you have most of this board who are also sister!!
Old 09-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Grab a cup of coffee, soda, water, whatever and sit down to collect your thoughts. If you buy another book, you will definitely find the one you bought. It's in a safe place and when it wants to come out of hiding, it will, be patient. I've done this dozens of times, as well as using a quilting tool, setting it down and having it sneak away when I wasn't looking. My sympathies, but you are not alone.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by seamstome
OMG---It's not 20 minutes after that post and I FOUND the book. It had been in our bedroom because I was reading it and one day I picked it up and "put it away"! I must have been in zombie land because where it was made no sense. It was in my sewing room but it was in a fabric storage bin in the closet covered with fabric that had nothing to do with this book.
Sure way to find a missing item all by yourself is to ask someone else to help you. OR, you set out and buy a replacement. As soon as you do either one of these, BINGO! Your wayward item magically appears.

Very glad you found it!
Old 09-05-2011, 03:32 PM

Maybe the cat took up quilting on the sly.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:12 PM

Glad you found it. I've lost patterns and had to rebuy made me so mad. I think the little brownies come in at night and take them away. Just return them it's such a waste of time looking everywhere and not finding it until later on. Sue
Old 09-05-2011, 05:03 PM

If you buy another book you know darn well that the first one will show up. I bought some pens and when I went to use them couldn't find them anywhere. Bought another set and Friday I found the old set, it was hanging on my peg board, sure thought I had checked my board before.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:41 PM

does the library have the book? won't have to rebuy it!

darlene
Old 09-05-2011, 06:41 PM

I'm so glad you found your book - now I hope I can find MY WATCH! Been missing about 5 days now, I really didn't want to buy another one, even though the lost one was looking really bad - (even was using a safty pin to hold one of the hinged areas together when the pin fell out) I went to the Dollar Store and bought a $1.00 watch to get buy, I'll keep a lookin' :!: :oops: