Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you do when you are NOT quilting? >

What do you do when you are NOT quilting?

What do you do when you are NOT quilting?

Old 06-23-2009, 08:50 PM

Hmmmm...like many of us, I read a lot. I usually have at least one book going at home & another at work. Photography - one day I'm gonna get a digital SLR, but for now, it's my little Nikon Coolpix that has it's own pocket in my purse.
I have been going to the same Adult Ed quilt class for about 17 yrs. I belong to one quilt guild & am a past board member of the So. Calif. Council of Quilt Guilds.
I hang out on the computer & watch too much TV.
And I love to spend time with my family & friends as much as possible.
Oh, naps, have always been a good napper. :wink:
And still work - only 4 days a week currently. Hopefully some day soon I'll be back to 5 days so I could actually have $ to do something besides just pay the bills. But I am thankful that I CAN pay them!
Old 06-24-2009, 02:22 AM

MY passion is quilting, but everyonce in a while someone needs a hem in a gown or other adjustments and I do that. I also knit, am making socks right now, geneology, and volunteering at church for what ever is needed at the time. My grands are all grown up and busy with there lives so I dont see them much anymore. theres always house work to do but I seem to let that slide so to enjoy my hobbies. LOL Marge
Old 06-24-2009, 02:29 AM
cas

Loretta, if you do find something in Latin that is legible, here is a site that may help.

http://www.translation-guide.com/fre...tin&to=English
Old 06-24-2009, 02:38 AM

hmmm well since I got the house, when I'm not sewing (and I only started sewing a week ago LOL), I have been doing house renos, playing in my new garden (spent the weekend past getting the patio all done up and my flower boxes planted and my herbs planted... I'm trying zucchini this year), I LOOOOOOVE playing in my new chocolate kitchen!!! I have a big bookcase with all my recipes! When I went to buy the bookcase I made sure it was a biggy so that I had lots of room for LOTS more cook books! I love surfing the internet looking for great recipes to try out! (I tried out a slow cooker ribs yesterday, but it was a bit bland so I won't be making that one again)... hmm what else.. hopefully I'll get back to my scrapbooking come the Fall season... I love to hike, camp, play with my new dog, coming to this board which is a very addictive place!

I think I'm going to start up writing to new penpals this Fall, as in the old fashion pen and paper again. When I was in my teens and twenties I had 25 penpals from all over the world at one time!!! I miss that. I still keep in touch with some of my penpals but through Facebook and emails.. not quite the same! There is nothing quite like picking up a pen and paper and writing. Not to mention it's nice to see something other than bills in the mail box!!! :)

All that keeps me going! I can't remember the last time I was actually bored!
Old 06-24-2009, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Could you pm me the site? I would like to read it! How come you never got "hooked" on Genealogy? I am back to 1490 and stuck! I don't know Latin and can't read secretary hand-- from that time period. Darn!
I would love to trace back my family roots, but I can't seem to get past my great grandparents.. pretty dull. :(
Old 06-24-2009, 05:54 AM

I like photography, fishing, camping, and watching my fish in their aquariums.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:44 PM

If I'm not quilting/sewing, I'm usually on this board! lol!!!! :wink:
Otherwise - reading, doing something with the kids/grandkids, we're pretty involved with church, AngelFood Ministries, gardening - both flowers & vegies, cleaning is usually last on the list! lol!!!
And of course laughing over our pets. Just bought a new lazer light tonight to drive the kitties crazy! lol!!!! :D
We also have a boat, which we were waiting for it to warm up to use, now have to wait for it to cool off a bit! lol!!! We like to just cruise around in it, and the kids love to go tubing.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:50 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Just saw your post, sorry so long in answering. The web cam is on my computer that I bought 3 months ago. I really like having one.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:51 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
I like to read, travel with hubby, visit quilt shops, hang out w/my best friend, visit quilt shops, watch movies, play with my dogs, visit quilt shops, visit with my best friend in Md. via web cam, this board, & oh yea did I mention visit quilt shops........... :roll:
Cajun, what kind of web cam do you have? Do you like it?
sorry,just saw your post, my web cam came with my new computer & i really enjoy having it
Old 06-24-2009, 05:28 PM

When I am not quilting I am usually out in our wood shop with my hubby making signs, pens or some other wood craft. Kacy