multi-cultural

Old 06-24-2009, 06:19 AM
Power Poster

Oh -- I think the stonework is a lot more interesting -

change is not always an improvement?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

I think it is pretty now with all of the wood trim, window boxes and the design around the windows....but all stone would be beautiful too :D I grew up building homes with my dad and brothers, we did a few remodels so I know what hubby is talking about...ya never know why a person did something until you get a good peek underneath it :shock: :roll: :lol:
Old 06-24-2009, 09:38 AM
k3n
Power Poster

I like the natural stone side - I think the house would look more oldy worldy all stone - and the render is all stained and awful anyway so at the very least it needs painting! OOOhhh - Hans is looking over my shoulder and he says 'oh, we'll get it off!' woo hoo! you're all witnesses!
Old 06-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Power Poster

Hans....there are hundreds of witnesses here :shock: :shock: 8) 8) Now....to get him pinned down as to when :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
I like the natural stone side - I think the house would look more oldy worldy all stone - and the render is all stained and awful anyway so at the very least it needs painting! OOOhhh - Hans is looking over my shoulder and he says 'oh, we'll get it off!' woo hoo! you're all witnesses!
I love the stone work on the side!! I'm with you, take the other off!
It looks like a picture from a travel brochure!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by beachlady
Haven't moved yet - in a little over a month we will say goodbye to the beach. BooHoo. Mainly moving because it is too expensive to live here - I was taxed out! Moving to a lake where taxes are half of here. So will still be near water. I am retired and money is too tight to live here anymore! I have shed many a tear!
How sad to have to leave such a nice place, but at least you will still have water nearby. I am only half an hour away from the coast, but would dearly love to have a sea or lake view. Here the houses that have those are much more expensive to buy. BUT guess what - we don't have any local taxes on houses or (so far) even pay water rates! This would be unheard of in the UK, where everything seems to be taxed.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:37 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amma
Hans....there are hundreds of witnesses here :shock: :shock: 8) 8) Now....to get him pinned down as to when :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll work on it - I have my ways! :wink:
Old 06-24-2009, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Blue Chicken, is a bach like a beach house? What an awesome view of the coast!!! I love beaches that you can get out and walk for miles!!! Lucky you, a beach close enough to walk to and another close enough to have as a get away 8) 8) 8)
Yep... it's a beach house. It's like stepping back in time, cooking on a coal range, no electricity. There is a flushing toilet and a hot shower though (as long as the coal range is going there's hot water). It's been in my partner's family since he was a kid. His dad takes out a generator and a tv and stuff, but to me that's defeating the purpose! When we go we rough it.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:15 PM

How beautiful!! I was fortunate enough to spend a few days in Ireland 3 years ago, I will be back!!! I love your country.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mimifaye
How beautiful!! I was fortunate enough to spend a few days in Ireland 3 years ago, I will be back!!! I love your country.
I have a spare room - just let me have details of your flight!