My feral cats.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:12 AM

My old neighbor had a bunch of cats...I'm not sure if they knew how many they had. They would always let them outside and they would come back all cut up. One had half an ear. She had three litters of kittens at her house and was trying to find homes for the most of them(she was going to let her kids keep a couple). I ended up taking in two. I am glad I did, she never took them to the vet or really took care of any of her cats.
So my two cats are Molly and Lily. My free cats cost me over $1000 in the 6 months just in vet bills. They both got bladder infections until they were spayed and I had them declawed too. Lily has to have special food because of her sensitive stomach.
I am glad that lady didn't live by me for too long. I wish people would take care of the animals they do have. So I would like to thank everyone here that is helping take care of the feral cats.

Here are some pics of when they were kittens. These were all taken about 3 and a half years ago
[ATTACH=CONFIG]250311[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-250305.jpe
Views:	8
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	250311   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-250306.jpe
Views:	46
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	250312   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-250307.jpe
Views:	46
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	250313  
Old 09-02-2011, 07:13 AM

[quote=hperttula123]So my two cats are Molly and Lily. My free cats cost me over $1000 in the 6 months just in vet bills. They both got bladder infections until they were spayed and I had them declawed too. Lily has to have special food because of her sensitive stomach.
quote]
The baby is a doll and the cats as well. Thanks for sharing. Mine all showed up for breakfast, telling me they were very hungry.
I got an email from the friends for ferals and the rest of mine will be trapped and vetted next weekend. No more babies for this bunch.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:25 AM

Tomilu; Thanks for letting us know your babies turned up safe and sound. So glad for you and them. Good luck with trapping and vetting. I hope all goes well for all involved.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:17 PM

That is me on a Walker.... I call her "Baby Girl" My DH & I own 9 of them!!! Ride as much as I can!!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Kas

My first cat (not my family's) was a feral kitten. I went into my local pet store and they had a huge box with a metal mesh on the top that was held down with bricks. "That isn't the way to treat kittens!" was my response until I tried to pick them up! They all hissed at me and growled. I picked up a little tuxedo kittie and she bit me! "I'll take this one!" At the age of six weeks, she ate my favorite finch. The only thing when I got back from class that was left of the poor thing was one feather stuck to a piece of paper with blood. I named that kitten Trouble. It fit very well. I still tear up when I think of her death. She was my first baby and I will always miss her. My friend thought she was posessed. She only liked me.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Kas
I named that kitten Trouble. It fit very well. I still tear up when I think of her death. She was my first baby and I will always miss her. My friend thought she was posessed. She only liked me.
She knew who had saved her and loved her.
Tommie
Old 09-07-2011, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu
There are six; mama, papa and 4 young ones. Mama has been trapped, spayed/rabies shot and released. The rest will be TNR next month. There is a local group that helps me trap them. Papa is a huge manx; one of the babies, Sweetie is colored so much like her mom but is without her tail like her dad. The others all have tails. Two of the young can be picked up; working on the other two. The adults are so very feral I don't think they will ever be tame. Mama would be combative if you got too close. A couple of times I have had her almost come at me. Hope you enjoy seeing my wild ones!
so cute. What is "TNR"? We live in the country, people drop them off, we feed, spayed and neutered six a couple of years ago, but keep getting them. So awful and sad to just drop off a baby and not give it a second thought. But we can't keep paying for the vet bills and local shelter requires we pay for treatment if we take them there. At a loss!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:42 AM

A lot of folks don't think it's important to neuter the males. A spayed female wont have any more kits but a male who is not neutered, can impregnate every unspayed female in the area.She has one litter at a time and he is papa to dozens. I guess that's why they call it 'catting around"
Old 09-07-2011, 04:32 PM

[quote=MAK'58
so cute. What is "TNR"? We live in the country, people drop them off, we feed, spayed and neutered six a couple of years ago, but keep getting them. So awful and sad to just drop off a baby and not give it a second thought. But we can't keep paying for the vet bills and local shelter requires we pay for treatment if we take them there. At a loss!!![/quote]

Trap 'n Release
Old 09-07-2011, 04:34 PM

We will be trapping the four babies and hopefully papacat Friday evening. They will be returned to me Sunday. I am glad it is much cooler now; so much easier on them than trying to stay cool as well.