According to Jim show

Old 09-07-2011, 05:50 AM

No offense, please. It's nit picking. Nits are the eggs from head lice and it's a pain to "pick them" out of hair.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

I've noticed things that are wrong in movies and tv shows but it has never bothered me. I think if every detail was right in them the story would be to detailed to be fun to watch.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by TheSevenYearStitch
On an old toilet paper commercial, they showed the cartoon ladies sitting around the toilet paper, "quilting" it....with KNITTING NEEDLES!!! It drove me insane! After a while, they changed it so they were actually using a needle and thread, but whenever I saw the ladies quilting with knitting needles, I wanted to scream!
That one drove me crazy too. I have seen several of them. How about when their bandaged wound keeps changing sides of their body? When they use the wrong carpentry tool also. My DH and I used to do construction together so for me , those glare also. When they say they have killed a 10ft gator and it's actually only 4ft. Yes, I've been there done that, too and know that one person can't pull the weight of that big of a gator up over the side of the boat by themselves and you can't sit in a blind talking to each other and still get a shot at a deer or hog. Yes, I do it all people. LOL
Old 09-07-2011, 06:40 AM

And there is a difference between...Calvary and cavalry. That one drives me NUTS!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:44 AM

The thing that really bugs me is the way people hang laundry on the clothesline. They just kind of wad it up and throw it over the line and poke a clothespin on it any old way. I can't help but focus on that and the actor who is doing it loses all credibility for me. Makes me want to stop watching.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick
The thing that really bugs me is the way people hang laundry on the clothesline. They just kind of wad it up and throw it over the line and poke a clothespin on it any old way. I can't help but focus on that and the actor who is doing it loses all credibility for me. Makes me want to stop watching.
That one drives me crazy too.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by karenpatrick
There is a certain wan to hang those clothes and if you didn't do it right..grandmother made sure you did. LOL
Old 09-07-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by GrandmaAva
No offense, please. It's nit picking. Nits are the eggs from head lice and it's a pain to "pick them" out of hair.
But for us crafty people, "knit picking" is SUCH a good pun!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:25 AM

Another one of my peeves used to be the way characters used an axe, obviously ignorant and inexperienced in every phase of felling, chopping, splitting etc. Not many shows with axe work (except horror movies) anymore so I can relax on that one.[/quote]
---------------------------
Yes, this bothers me too. Used to have to split wood for the kitchen stove, and learned darned early in life that having a sharp piece of heavy metal scrape your skull might not have good results!!! You learn early or you don't have a later. Makes me nervous watching someone in camping shows holding a piece of wood and splitting it with a hatchet!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:08 AM

Thanks ! I sthink it could also mean Knit picking when trying to pick out stitches when using fuzzy yarn. Nearly impossible ! Typos bother me, too, but I make my full share of them LOL :)