Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I wanna Cry!  Vilene Help needed >

I wanna Cry! Vilene Help needed

I wanna Cry! Vilene Help needed

Old 09-07-2011, 07:08 AM

Oh my, I do feel for you. I have had similar things happen to me or you work and work and get in a hurry and realize at the last moment that you just cannot get it finished in time because in your haste you have made a BIG boo-boo. It seems all you can do is have a good cry, take a deep breath, relax and try again tomorrow. Your embroidery is actually beautiful. Such a beautiful job. Thank goodness you have a back-up plan so it isn't so bad. We all make mistakes as we are only human. Your mom would probably love a hankie if it was from you.Don't be so hard on yourself. God did not make us perfect. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Donna
Old 09-07-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by GrandmaAva
Seriously, would you consider making me one? What would you charge? It's just gorgeous.
GrandmaAva, I don't mind at all. Just give me sometime to get over my grief! LOL

It's a beautiful design. I just wish I would have tested my stabilizer before hand. But what can you do! :-) I might take the jacket apart, and make a throw pillow out of it for myself.

Hugs,

Wanda
Old 09-07-2011, 07:13 AM

So sorry that happened to you. I feel your pain. I messed up two very simple projects yesterday because I didn't measure right, and then didn't have any more of the fabric. It should have been a very fast and simple project, but I managed to turn it into a catastrophe. Back away from your project for a little while, and try again. I am sure you will have something beautiful in the end.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Don't feel bad, I have done that before too. It isn't fun and I wanted to cry also!

I use glad press & Seal now so I don't do that again.

BTW, it is BEAUTIFUL!! Maybe you can add some cording around the design to hide the stabilizer??

Where did you get that design?
Hi Dawn,

I've used glad press and seal, but since I've been using the vilene I just love how it's almost like fabric and no matter how many stitches, it does not tear away until you're ready to remove it.

At this point I'm just going to be remaking it. I got that design for a company called www.hatchedinafrica.com She has beautiful designs and I've had it for about 3 years, and I just got the courage to stitch it and I screwed it up so bad. But lesson learned. Always test the stabilizer before I use it next time! lol

Thanks again for your kinds words.

Hugs,
Wanda
Old 09-07-2011, 07:14 AM

We have all goofed and created new problems to solve. I like the suggestion to make another one for Christmas. Sometimes the best of plans fail to materialize. Don't give up - just forge ahead. You'll have plenty of company.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Linda
I'm so sorry for you. It is a beautiful jacket.
Thank you Linda!

Hugs,

Wanda
Old 09-07-2011, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by fernheimer
You might consider making a pillow out of it. I sure wouldn't want to just toss it in the trash.
fernheimer....

that's what I was thinking. I'll just keep it for myself, and this way I'll always remember to check my stabilizer before I start a new project! LOL

Hugs,
Wanda
Old 09-07-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by dcamarote
I just feel so bad for you. The design is gorgeous; I wish I had some advice for you but I don't. The only thing that is good is that you shared with all of us and now maybe you saved one of us from doing the same thing. I just finished a Boy Scout quilt for my grandson; thought I had used tear away stabilizer where I embroidered his name; went to tear away and it doesnt' want to budge. I have no idea what I put there but thank God, it is inside and I could cut most of it away. See, we all do these things. Take a breath and forgive yourself.
dcamarote,

Thanks for making me feel better. I'm sorry it did happen to you, but it's great that you were able to save the quilt. I'm sure this was a lesson that I needed to learn or else everything would of just gone smoothly! LOL Now I just have to find my vilene! LOL

Hugs,
Wanda
Old 09-07-2011, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by dphelps
Oh my, I do feel for you. I have had similar things happen to me or you work and work and get in a hurry and realize at the last moment that you just cannot get it finished in time because in your haste you have made a BIG boo-boo. It seems all you can do is have a good cry, take a deep breath, relax and try again tomorrow. Your embroidery is actually beautiful. Such a beautiful job. Thank goodness you have a back-up plan so it isn't so bad. We all make mistakes as we are only human. Your mom would probably love a hankie if it was from you.Don't be so hard on yourself. God did not make us perfect. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} Donna
dphelps,

Thanks Donna, you're right, I was not made perfect. My mom didn't know I was making this anyway, so It's okay if I send it for Christmas. At least now I have a few more months! Hugs back at ya!

Wanda
Old 09-07-2011, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by piepatch
So sorry that happened to you. I feel your pain. I messed up two very simple projects yesterday because I didn't measure right, and then didn't have any more of the fabric. It should have been a very fast and simple project, but I managed to turn it into a catastrophe. Back away from your project for a little while, and try again. I am sure you will have something beautiful in the end.
Oh no! piepatch, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you're able to salvage a little of your project. It's a bummer when we make mistakes. But we get a good lesson from all those mistakes!

Hugs to you!
Wanda