Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I wanna Cry!  Vilene Help needed >

I wanna Cry! Vilene Help needed

I wanna Cry! Vilene Help needed

Old 09-07-2011, 11:51 AM

That is an absolutely gorgeous design. Hope you can get the the interfacing off.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:27 PM

Does the product have a 800 number on the package? I've called companies before and gotten good advice.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:39 PM

The product I know as vilene does not dissolve.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:44 PM

So much work. It's a beautiful pattern. That's a warning to us all; double check first. I have so many different interfacings and stabilizers I think it's time to put them in a zip lock bag individually and label them.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:01 PM

So sorry whernandez. We have ALL been in this situation before. But just look at it this way, you have learned a lot from it for your future projects and you have became a little closer to the people on the board. We love sharing, whether it be in successes, events, funny stories, happy endings, and even failures. We feel your pain. We cry with you. We get over it and go on. You can do it too. We all wish you luck.
Tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
MTS gave you some good ideas, too! :thumbup:
Yes she did. I used to work in an embroidery shop at a thread clipper and remover of all other items not wanted. It does take a while, a good set of reading glasses, but eventually you will win the battle. I'm very sorry this happened to you; I wish I could offer up more helpful tips.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:19 PM

Well, just think by Christmas you'll probably have it all trimmed. I have done some of those things too and was just sick. I teach a little girls sewing class and just the other day we were making potholders with thermal batting. The little girl gave it to me and I whacked off a big chunk of material and lo, and behold I whacked off the batting at the same time. I had to go back and put a seam where it shouldn't have been.

It will work out fine but I can feel your pain.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:48 PM

I'm sorry this happened...but, I have to jump in and add that it is just a beautiful design...Maybe if you make another one for your mom, after you give it to her, you can show her the pillow or whatever you make from this one and tell her the story...be able to laugh about it eventually...I know that is how I have handled some things...my quilt group gals were astonished that I would tell them of some of my big quilt snafus...and could laugh about it! Now they also "tell" on themselves...
Old 09-07-2011, 02:50 PM

Your design is so lovely and here is a hug to help you .I'm a beginner with t-shirts and sweatshirts and i know that i'm going to screw up big time.I have done 1 t-shirt and it took me over 3 hours to do and half my words you can't read but its mine and i did it.I hope that you can get the purse done in time to send.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:15 PM

Bless your heart. I am so sorry tht this happened to you. Your embroidery design is beautiful. Mom will love it whenever she receives it.