Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-08-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell
Dear SP,
Even though we are once again under water and "disaster" status, I was able to make it to the PO to mail your firmie! So here it comes, going NW of me to someone who likes to decorate for halloween!
I hope you and yours are safe! This could be me, I got two out of three! I am West of you and LOVE LOVE HALLOWEEN!! but I do not believe I am Northern.... :(
Old 09-08-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
I had to jump on the bandwagon and make some chickens. Mine look like they could either eat you or they are up to something! hehehe
They are cute. We have nearly enough to fill a hen house now! :lol:
Alright! hmm maybe we will get someone to make a rooster! hehehe

Thanks Tussymussy!
Old 09-08-2011, 12:21 PM

Introducing to you all Icy! She will be leaving my home next week for a new home that is west of me.

This was my first pincushion and very easy. Filled with polly-fill as that is all I had at home.

Icy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]253400[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-253394.jpe
Views:	2
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	253400  
Old 09-08-2011, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Originally Posted by mscupid804
OK, here's another chick I made and added the "crop"this time and that according to my hubby, actually looks like a chicken. Men! :roll: I made this one w/felt but a cotton body. I think I'll call her Polly since she's poly-filled.
I thought these were filled with heavy filling to weigh it down. Then it was used as a pattern weight... I read that somewhere. I guess it could be used for a pin cushion or whatever you want.I've got some pin dot black fabric,think I'll try that for mine.I'm gonna stuff the top with polyfill to use as pincushion and add a little bag of emery in the bottom so it will sit well and I can sharpen my pins and needles with the bottom.(poor little henny)Mary
Mary, the way these are made they sit up just fine. I don't think you will have to add anything to make it sit up. Try one 1st then decide for the next one. I don't have any problems w/mine standing up.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by mamaheath
Introducing to you all Icy! She will be leaving my home next week for a new home that is west of me.

This was my first pincushion and very easy. Filled with polly-fill as that is all I had at home.
I like Icy Heather! Very nice! She can warm up here in VA w/me... ah dangit! I am not west of you! :(
Old 09-08-2011, 12:56 PM

I like Icy Heather! Very nice! She can warm up here in VA w/me... ah dangit! I am not west of you! :(
Nope, but I am. I got a spot picked out for Icy already. Of course if I get Icy I'll have to make another one and name it Hot....lol
Old 09-08-2011, 01:02 PM

Thank you Heather!

So far we have been very, very lucky! Unfortunately some of our neighbors, friends and family can't say the same. I've never seen so much rain in one summer. Thank you for your warm wishes.

Kookie

Hope you and your family stay safe. I continue to see the devestation on WRGB news.
Originally Posted by Kooklabell
Dear SP,
Even though we are once again under water and "disaster" status, I was able to make it to the PO to mail your firmie! So here it comes, going NW of me to someone who likes to decorate for halloween!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl

Nope, but I am. I got a spot picked out for Icy already. Of course if I get Icy I'll have to make another one and name it Hot....lol

NICE!!!!
:thumbup:
Old 09-08-2011, 01:22 PM

Dear Sp your firmie is packed full of goodies. I am heading to the post office now to send it to you.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:30 PM

I like Icy too, shame that I am way, way East of you.