Location in Hiding

Old 09-08-2011, 02:47 PM

The first thing I look at when reading someones comments is to see where they are from. I am still amazed that we have women or men from all over the world. But if you want to be "in hiding" it doesn't bother me. We are all different so I believe in Live and Let Live.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:11 PM

I just feel if someone wants to ask a question they should trust us enough to at least say what state or country they are in it just makes me feel Ican't trust them either so better to keep quiet and not answer just my thoughts
Old 09-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Power Poster

I think it is basically 2 things...the first being that when people sign up, they just don't know to fill that in and secondly...people doing the secret pal, secret Santa, secret angel type things- they don't want their recipient to guess who sent them a package.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dodie
I just feel if someone wants to ask a question they should trust us enough to at least say what state or country they are in it just makes me feel Ican't trust them either so better to keep quiet and not answer just my thoughts
I do not think it is a case of them not trusting us. It is because anyone on the internet can access the info. Do a search right now using google, yahoo or whatever search engine: Location in hiding.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dodie
So you are assuming that the person asking the question, who has decided to divulge their location, really is from where the say they are from? If someone ask a simple sewing question that you can answer, you choose not to because the don't divulge their location? I fail to see the logic.

Again I'll say that perhaps the moderators should change their wording to something a little less covert. Seems as though the term "in hiding" could better be stated with another word or term that may evoke more trust, or just a little less mistrust.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

It took me a while to figure out a few things on the board before I updated my profile. I'm not very computer savvy so I still can't do some of the things you computer wizards can. :-D
Old 09-08-2011, 06:47 PM

Does it matter? I don't think it has anything to do with being proud of where you are from or not. One of the things that is great about this board is the non-judgmental attitude that is here. Let's not change that over something that is not that important.

We can all PM each other and if you decide that you really like someone on the board PM them to see if you are close enough to get together. Then respect whatever their answer is.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:58 AM

I didn't know the board put "in hiding" I just thought we had a lot of people who were hiding from the "quilt police" LOL
Old 09-09-2011, 04:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by justme CA
Originally Posted by TacoMama
Why do so many not want to let it be known where they live or at least the state they live in?
When I first joined I left something blank so mine says that in Ca and I have tried and tried to put the place in later. But no luck so it still says in hiding. How does one change?
It shows Pleasant Hill CA for you now. Is that what you mean?
Old 09-09-2011, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by nanjam62
I didn't know the board put "in hiding" I just thought we had a lot of people who were hiding from the "quilt police" LOL
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: